Elin

Scared of sleeping alone :(

22 posts in this topic

Hello,

Everytime I go to bed alone I feel scared and it's been causing me to have a poor quality of sleep! I fear things like poltergeists or other entities manifesting around me. I do not feel safe when I drop my guard, so sleeping has always been hard. Even as a child my heart would pound like crazy from strong fear at times when I slept alone. I always have my guard up which is very draining on my energy. I usually talk to my friends on skype untill I get so tired that I fall asleep with the laptop near me, that's usually made me feel safer, but I want to break that habit and feel safe enough to sleep without it. When I am awake I dont fear these entities, in fact I welcome them, so I'm not sure why the nighttime is so different. Any help would be greatly appreciated! x

• Upvote 1

I feel for your problem. And want to help. Please stop watching negative movies and TV shows. And why dont you keep one pet dog. It will calm your nerves. But make sure that dog is...

Female dog :laughing-yahoo-emoticon:

• Upvote 1

Guest Lovegirl8

Come unto me, all ye that labor and are heavy laden, and I will give you rest. Take my yoke upon you, and learn of me; for I am meek and lowly in heart: and ye shall find rest unto your souls. For my yoke is easy, and my burden is light.  Matthew (11:28-3028) 

“I sought the LORD, and he heard me, and delivered me from all my fears” (Psalm 34:4). 

“Do not be anxious about anything, but in everything, by prayer and petition, with thanksgiving, present your requests to God. And the peace of God, which transcends all understanding, will guard your hearts and your minds in !!!!! Jesus” (Philippians 4:6-7).

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, Amit said:

Get some company lady! Why alone?

Sleeping with someone sure solves the problem xD But I still want to learn to sleep alone too!

@Elin I had this problem for about 5/6 months and that is when I was so depressed and stressed. I tried lot of things and a man by my side too but it only made things complicated at one point I preferred those entities to him lol. I made sure to swim everyday so my body got tired and was able to sleep. I'm a Christian so I believe prayers worked for me too. But actually @Amit idea about having a pet is very clever !

Teena, I guess....instead of practicing shadow work together

You might have practiced body work together...Next time please involve shadows

• Upvote 1

Elin, I am happy that you found the solution...enlightening.

Dont go against nature

Please come to Bahrain...

I also, sometime sleep alone :laughing-yahoo-emoticon:

• Upvote 1

the way out of fear is through the fear. the same way the way out of a mud puddle is taking a step and then another through the mud towards the grass. 

• Upvote 2

52 minutes ago, mufhry said:

the way out of fear is through the fear. the same way the way out of a mud puddle is taking a step and then another through the mud towards the grass. 

I guess I'll just have to befriend the entities and poltergeists then and allow them to sleep with me if they insist :D Thanks for your advice <3 

what you really choose from is potential entities and poltergeists (what are the odds, really?) vs. living in this fear your entire life, which is already happening.

i know the night fear. at some point i have decided i won't be living like this anymore and chose fear vs. avoiding it. nothing happened. not that night, not the next nights. was just me and fear laying in bed. and eventually sleeping. don't know when , but at some point fear got bored with watching me sleeping and stopped visiting me.

• Upvote 1

@Elin, have you tried leaving a night-light on? that usually works for me, i use a light-chain with butterfly-decorations a friend of mine gave me as a gift, maybe you can find something that you associate with safety you could use. and i never sleep without my fluffy toy-leopard! (that helps a loooooooooooooot... and i could swear he talks to me, but he is nice and protective!)

no way to meet a need is too childish! :)

Edited by Lilia
  • Upvote 1

3 hours ago, Elin said:

Sleeping with someone sure solves the problem xD But I still want to learn to sleep alone too!

Elin, i am going to tell you a secret. You're never alone. ?

• Upvote 1