Sign in to follow this  
Krzysztof

HATE alcohol

5 posts in this topic

HATE alcohol

Hi everyone,

I hate alcohol - both the taste of it and the feeling after it. Yet, it seems to be the only way people are able to have fun together and open up to each other. Any social life revolves around drinking and it makes it hard for me to meet with others. I've always felt out of place at parties, or among friends in general because of it and  was forced to fit in.

Is there anybody who feels the same way?? I think there are more such people, but they rarely admit to their preference and hide. So please, come out of the closet.

• Upvote 1

7 minutes ago, Krzysztof said:

HATE alcohol

Hi everyone,

I hate alcohol - both the taste of it and the feeling after it. Yet, it seems to be the only way people are able to have fun together and open up to each other. Any social life revolves around drinking and it makes it hard for me to meet with others. I've always felt out of place at parties, or among friends in general because of it and  was forced to fit in.

Is there anybody who feels the same way?? I think there are more such people, but they rarely admit to their preference and hide. So please, come out of the closet.

its called social anxiety lol that's why people drink. when I was a kid the concept of getting drunk didn't interest me even drinking a beer for the first time with a friend it never entered my mind this makes you feel funny so I just spit it out and wondered why people drink it. Also my dad would drink so usually when someone in the family drinks the next generation wont do it at all, that's me. I've been drunk once and I was over it. I don't claim the label straight edge but no I don't like alcohol. Some people see wine as not the same as beer, but it's still drinking, but it's a little more classy lol

Well... yes... alcohol seems to be doing a good job at helping people to take their guard down and start connecting to one another 

All of my friends were drinking when we used to go out. All but me. I slowly adopted their habbit. Thankfully, my body hasn't fully accepted it and rejected it in time. Needless to say, I stopped going out with them.