Lexy

Heat Intolerance

23 posts in this topic

What do you mean produce heat myself? I've heard that before, about self generating heat and I don't understand what it means...as in not excercise? 

Thank you Lizzy! I totally agree with the water spraying, that feeling when it evaporates off your skin really helps. Also peppermint tea helps me cool down, and pranayama breathing regulates body temperature. I've collected a few strategies to help me cope with it, but I'm hoping to get down to the root cause and fix it completly. Otherwise it means I have to stay cooped up in the house all summer with the AC on :/, I feel like I'm about to faint or have a panic attack every time I step out in the sun, and I wasn't always like this. I spent half my life on the beach from morning to night. My homeopath told me its a matter of circulation, since my hands and feet are always freezing but my face is super hot. The heat is supposed to escape through your extremities, but its being trapped somewhere. He also mentioned its more of a mental thing, where the fact that I've felt stuck alot in my life, its showing up as stagnation in the body(poor circulation, cut off flow, trapped heat=trapped emotions) It might also be a hormonal imbalance since this only started happening once I got pregnant, and never resolved itself since. So I'm hoping someone has dealt with this also and knows some sort of therapy to rebalance everything again. 

• Upvote 1

Yup . I live in Sweden and here it is generally cold but during the summers it can be hot and man I feel so tired when it gets too warm. Like I have no energy to do anything but laying down and rest.
I like the sunshine but the heat...too much and my body goes nope. I do feel a warmth within me in general, it can be a natural high amount of energy that causes it. The more energy the warmer it gets.

Hi Lexy!  

Looks like you are doing some wonderful and healthy things to get your heat issue under control. Based on some of your comments, I agree with your homeopath in that you may be holding too much energy. Releasing that extra energy may allow you to regulate your temperature like you used to!  I use a short meditation that is very simple and you can customize it as you like. It is designed to open up the normal pathways for your extra energy in a healthy way. You can do this for 5 minutes or 30 minutes... whatever is comfortable for you.

- Find a comfortable sitting position for you to relax and breathe steady. I think you mentioned pranayama breathing techniques... use one that is soft, slow, and measured. 

- As you relax and focus on your breathing, begin to imagine the warmth in your body (where ever you feel it most) starting to flow like water through your arms and legs. Just slowly imagine it gently flowing. Focus on your breathing and the gently flowing.  I think of a water stream in a forest... it is peaceful and cool.  It always works great for me.

- When you feel your hands and feet warming, you know you are making progress... it may take practice, but it will happen. Don't worry if your hands and feet get really warm, that is normal and goes away after the meditation. 

That is how simple it is. It works for me when I am cold or hot, anxious, nervous, or whatever. I just imagine the feeling flowing through me and out of my hands and feet. After practice, you will find your energy flows normally and naturally. Do not worry about losing too much energy. It does not work that way. Only the excess energy will leave. And the nice part is that you are giving your energy to nature as well. Nature loves that!

Hope this helps you in some way. Take best of care!

• Upvote 1

Thank you!!! This was so on point, timing and information and everything! This morning I went out on my balcony and tried to befriend the sun again lol. The first few seconds I felt myself dipping in pure panic but I kept thinking 'I miss you, I feel free and comfortable in your company, I'm thankful for all the benefits you present me with' and various other thoughts opposite of resitance) As proud as I was of my little excercise I ended up felling pretty much wilted, once I got back inside. I made sure to hydrate, but my head was still feeling like a ball of fire, I actually checked my temperature which was at 38. Then I read your post and gave it a shot and my temperature came down to 36.4...pretty crazy huh...

I have been doing the Isha Krya meditation(I am not my body, I am not even my mind) and everyone says you feel more connected after, yet I kept feeling the opposite, maybe I'm just not there yet. This felt super easy and natural ,I love the idea of water flowing...its the element I'm most peaceful and creative around so it hit the spot! Thanks again for taking the time to share that, I can't wait to do it on a more consisent basis.

ideally, find a way to accept the nature. heat triggered me into almost panic a few days ago...

btw the first part of this music video is about that D

• Upvote 1

One observation I have made is that people in warmer climates tend to have a more relaxed approach to life.

I take heat very well, and when it's hot out, I walk using less muscle movement than when I do when it's cold out. It's difficult to explain, but try to feel it out? I have lived in quite a few different countries and swear that every clime has it's own gate.

• Upvote 1

Also, @Lexy, I drink over 70 oz of spring water a day. In the summer, I make a blend of cucumber, ginger, and lime water to sip in between meals as well. This really cools my energy down. I'm a fire sign, and a ginger. We burn, burn, burn, hahah. :$ 

I hydrate to maintain balance but my main element is actually air, so when I'm not a fiery !!!!!, my singing voice, skin, internal organs, muscles, and eyes thank me so very much. The brain also loves hydration, so it can do it's thing to cleanse the CSF (cerebral spinal fluid) during R.E.M. at night. This cleanses the brain of all its impurities, and is another reason why healthy sleep is so important. <3 

• Upvote 3