authorofdarkness

Abilities, embrace or ignore, or something in between?

9 posts in this topic

I was listening to a talk by Alan Watts, a philosopher who popularized Buddhism, Hinduism and Taoism in the US in the 60's. He said something that has always stuck with me.

"If you get psychic abilities, ignore them, go on to something else, these are only the foothills, in fact not only are they foothills, they are blind alleyways, they won't take you anywhere,"

I agree in the sense that fixating on psychic abilities is often a disaster, but ignoring them doesn't feel right, where is the middle ground? What has been other people's experience with this?

'

Edited by authorofdarkness
grammar
  • Upvote 2

17 minutes ago, Ana said:

As I see it, you are not ignoring them. If you have them, they are always with you and will always express themselves.

They need not be the focus of our attention and work.

The same way my hand is a tool and I don't go on focusing on it all the time. It's always here and I use it all the time.

He said it because of the dangers of the fascination about one's personal powers, which will only divert us form what is truly important. Service.

Well said! 

• Upvote 1

2 hours ago, authorofdarkness said:

ignoring them doesn't feel right, where is the middle ground? What has been other people's experience with this?

In the experience of them for me. Literally. My physical body is able to express frequency through my eyes for instance. It's like waking R.E.M. that I'm able to will like walking or other deliberate motions. It's like giving Source another unique physical expression of the 3D or physical human experience. I'm also an empath, and feel what others are feeling, then translate it this way physically. It's like being a water wheel. As long as I'm doing something I love that rewards me, or making music (TON of frequency and energetic absorption there), I can do this all day long, thus aid in expansion even more. It sounds bonkers, I know, but it's a part of my reality, and fighting it doesn't work. Can't run away from destiny. I'm here to help people filter out their radical, and subconscious emotions through direct and indirect expression, and to fuel this practice with personal satisfaction in my artistic, and healing endeavors. It's a Universal win-win. 

But ignoring for me, as a physical empath, and a frequency decoder (or other potential terms for miles,lol), is impossible. Before I knew how to channel the energy properly, or tried blocking it with shielding (doesn't work for me), I started having 'panic attacks' (radical outbursts of energy) so intense, I thought I was dying. Since fully walking into this purpose, I'm all about it, and now functioning (with help from energy balancers and reiki masters), in stride. 

• Upvote 3

Use it to guide, protect or help people... We are only ourselves in the most true sense if what we have to offer is used in service of those who do not have it.

• Upvote 1

4 minutes ago, Stephanie Wintermute said:

and a frequency decoder (or other potential terms for miles,lol)

Actually, I just got really clear guidance that a great term for it is 'frequency filter.' Stripping the signal down to the purest form, so people are able to transition into the next stage of their evolution. We all do this with our heightened vibrations, but focus is often the key to the level of entrainment people experience in our either individual or (life hack) collective presence. Did I mention the 'intuitive writer' part? I'm a really fun being for the Universe to leverage, lol. Mercy. 

• Upvote 2

On ‎2016‎-‎06‎-‎21 at 2:46 PM, Ana said:

We need a deeper vision to see the magic in "ordinary" things and people

Ironically I currently can only see very little in terms of clairvoyance, like barely anything sometimes nothing at all.
Interestingly this follows when I consciously go out of body as well, most likely fears, blocks or something.
Like I can project my energies to whomever I focus on but I wont be able to see them, well not yet anyways.

I navigate mostly by feeling and knowing while I'm out like a blind person :P This is weird because my brain wont make much sense of what it cant see or hear.
I can do energy work on a distance like this too, can also work with chakras only by felt and knowing perception xD
And when I refocus into my body it gets weirder when my brain tries to figure out what just happened. Like reading a book, when you have read it you close it but you cant remember what you have read but you know you did read it. 

Heh I don't sound like a convincing healer when I describe how I perceive these things.

On 6/20/2016 at 8:19 PM, authorofdarkness said:

I was listening to a talk by Alan Watts, a philosopher who popularized Buddhism, Hinduism and Taoism in the US in the 60's. He said something that has always stuck with me.

"If you get psychic abilities, ignore them, go on to something else, these are only the foothills, in fact not only are they foothills, they are blind alleyways, they won't take you anywhere,"

I agree in the sense that fixating on psychic abilities is often a disaster, but ignoring them doesn't feel right, where is the middle ground? What has been other people's experience with this?

'

I tried to ignore my psychic abilities and that ended up causing the people around me more pain.

Things that I couldve stopped people from doing I just stayed silent on and after it'd always go bad for them.

Sometimes when I don't pay attention to the senses I experience being how I am I emulate them on accident randomely and I'll end up destroying a friendship or causing an entire room of people to turn against me.

From me its absolutely necessary to learn to control this or everyone else is in danger I must be fully aware of all my psychic perceptions and emulations using them to their fullest.

If you deny who you are your wasting your life and this may sound harsh but...

Your already dead. 

That's the truth at least for me.

I can't turn mine off idk about you so if you can and want to more power to ya.

The whole reason that I am here is because I finally realized that I could not only not hide from it, I was quite literally denying a huge part of my existence. I think of it now like the first time I went scuba diving. I was terrified and sure I would die, once I finally got past that and calmed down, I looked around and was amazed at how beautiful it was down there. The first thought that popped into my mind was, Wow, 2/3 of the Earth is covered in this and I have never explored it. 

Of course I had actually explored it before, but that's a whole nother subject and this was the first time I had done it in a physical body. Anyway, I'm in man! I'm ready to embrace it, to treat it just like I would any other skill, learn all about it, wallow in it and figure out where I fit in the big picture and try to get it all right this time! To help the other fractals of me to pull me up, and to pull up the others of me with me, to change the past because now I know that it's not the past, lol. Anyway, I haven't even gotten to the completion or shadow work yet, don't really even have a good grasp of what it is yet. I've just recently found Teal and have been watching the videos and getting a ton of answers to questions that I had. 

I keep getting the feeling lately that the guides are all looking down and watching as light after light after light comes on, flickering a bit at first, then shining brighter and brighter and them exclaiming, "Look! There's another on waking up! look! And another! 

Anyway, I hope I don't get on ya'lls nerves. Thanks for having me!

On 21/06/2016 at 2:19 AM, authorofdarkness said:

'

What he is saying is not really applicable to every scenario. It's applicable to only a narrow scenario.

I could fill a few paragraphs with why he said that and why it's technically "wrong".

Instead I will just emphasize that no one person has absolute answers and they always see and present things from a specific perspective with a specific goal in mind. There is no need to get hung up on any one persons truth. You are meant to create your own truths.

• Upvote 2