Sign in to follow this  
K2tari

Dream about a snake

5 posts in this topic

Dream about a snake

Hello, everyone!

I have watched Teals video about interpretating dreams, but i still decided to ask for other people opinions. Also, i am in deep need of connection, so i am overcoming my fear again and writing this short dream i had, that i am having trouble understanding. It felt really meaningful, like it had a message...

So..

I was dreaming, that i was near the ocean in some warm country. I was in an abandoned part of a town. Suddenly I saw this dark skinned girl throwing a snake, that was really long and looked like a python. She was throwing it like an arrow, hitting it against the wall and the pavement. Every time the snake came back in fury, trying to protect itself by attacking the girl. but the girl was fast and graceful. It was like a game to her. She was dancing while doing it. I was shocked by the cruelty of this act. I wanted to save the snake from the girl, but i knew that i can't just pick it up, because it is still a wild animal and might bite me.. Then i saw that the snake was already severly bruised, and i could not take it anymore! I ran to the snake, screaming NO!, so the girl would leave it alone. The girl pulled back for awhile, but i knew that as soon as i left, the girl would attack again... I felt such anger and hate towards that girl for doing this to this poor animal, torturing it.. I knew that the snake was going to die a slow and painful death because of her. I felt pain and anger and even had this feeling that i wanted to kill the girl for doing such a horrible deed, to make her stop.. So she could never do anything like this again. To give her the taste of her own medicine...And then i woke up....

It was a short dream but somehow it got to me... A few days ago i had my first dream conversation with my spiritguide...i got a message to focus on the positive and spread my love and kindness to everyone. That that is my "superpower" of sorts.. I know this dream was a message from them. I tried putting myself in these characters positions, but i am still having a hard time trying to understand. When i was me, i felt helpless to help and overwhelmed by the cruelty of the girl. when i am the girl, i feel like the snake is just a brainless dangerous animal that has no value and deserves to die. I feel power over it. When i am the snake, i feel like i am misunderstood... In a wrong place at the wrong time.. I feel like a victim, but at the same time, i feel invisible... Because i am a snake, and in the eyes of a human, i am worth less than anything...

So... Am i the snake? Was i trying to save a part of myself, that i feel is misunderstood? What part is it? Or was it just a dream of how i feel about injustice and cruelty towards other beings. I do feel like there was an important lesson, but i can't see what exactly it was!

Edited by K2tari

A snake shows up all over the place as a symbol.  I really don't know what it means.

Freud thought a snake is a phallic symbol. Jung thought a snake represents transformation because it sheds its skin.  If a snake bites you in a dream it may mean you think you have been duped in regular life.  A snake as a spirit guide could indicate you are a healer.  

I had a dream like experience one time while trying to meditate.  A snake showed up in the dream.  I googled for the meaning and found the symbolism as described above but I honestly don't know what it means. 

Thanks for sharing this dream with us.

What i've learn over the eyars is that the snake represents the reptilian brain, that part of us that is ever worry with surviving and revenge.

The girl represents the god like side of your essence.

You seen to got symptons of aspect of you kind of hatting each other beacuse your higher self is trying to communicate some process of integration that needs to take places.

Attached to this post is a video that hopes helps you illustrate what i mean.

• Upvote 1

Very interesting video above . While I was watching it an image poped in my head. I had the picture of this car on the wall beside my desk when i was a student. The image wasn't something i was attached to in a way like i had to have this car, no, although i do remember saying that yes, this is my dream car or something like this. The car was more of my visual focus and every time i looked at it I felt what i needed to do. 

SmartSelectImage_2017-08-04-00-39-16.png

SmartSelectImage_2017-08-04-00-40-56.png