Guest Kiki

How to overcome fear of (the possibility of) hell?

9 posts in this topic

Guest Kiki

Has anyone had a terrible fear of hell that they have overcome? I want to know how to do so because I know it would be so liberating and it would allow me to think freely. Thanks y'all

Yup, was very severely religiously conditioned in the Christian faith. Hell was the greatest scare tactic I was abused with. A thing that helped was researching proof for reincarnation. If reincarnation is real, Hell isn't, because that means you come back, you don't go to hell. Also recognizing hell for what it is, it's a scare tactic. It's propaganda used to enforce a certain lifestyle on others. There is not one piece of evidence that can be produced to validate a place of eternal torment. It's all propaganda.

Absolutely, reincarnation beats hell.

I also found it helpful to develop a thorough knowledge of how the concept of "hell" has come about. None of the monotheist holy books actually refer to anything like the modern "hell" we've been told to fear.

• Upvote 1

6 minutes ago, Akurabis said:

I also found it helpful to develop a thorough knowledge of how the concept of "hell" has come about. None of the monotheist holy books actually refer to anything like the modern "hell" we've been told to fear.

right on the money, the actual biblical idea of hell has become insufficient to scare us, so the church has adjusted and supplemented it, to keep up with our culture. They explain it as an inescapable fate waiting for all no matter how good or bad unless you repent. More propaganda :)

• Upvote 1

Reincarnation IS hell. As a kid, I had a brief period of wondering about the Christian idea of Hell. Truth is. ultimately nothing can harm you. The Most High Source whatever you want to call it is beyond all ideas of time, suffering, being removed from it. This world, Malkuth, is removed from source, it is the creation of the Creator, therefore Hell. And if you maintain wordly connections, desires... karma... you will return here. Just simply learn to not give a fuck and don't go into the light.

heaven, hell and everything in between is already in you. the fear of hell itself is one of your inner hellish spaces. descend in it and see if is really that bad. fear is not something to overcome or conquer from afar. that is just you and fear both pushing from the opposite sides of a door. that's a counter intuitive use of your energy, as it is you fighting yourself.

• Upvote 1

13 hours ago, Guest Kiki said:

Has anyone had a terrible fear of hell that they have overcome? I want to know how to do so because I know it would be so liberating and it would allow me to think freely. Thanks y'all

My mind was bombarded with these believes because I am a Christian. I also had this fear and lot of questions related to hell however I was able to overcome that by knowledge. Knowledge gave me so much freedom. It didn't happen over night though it took me a couple of years. As I am typing this I remembered that  Teal had a video about changing core belief I'm sure you will find something useful there to start with. 

Edited by Teena
Typo

11 minutes ago, walt said:

The spirit that inhabits your physical body is made of pure energy. Energy doesn't suffer from extreme temperature or imperfect surroundings (or religion).

Fuckin' a. Falun gong. Burn me alive motherfucker. JUST BRING IT!

On 6/20/2016 at 7:00 PM, Guest Kiki said:

I had to learn that I had to do some evil in order to do my wannabe bullies some good.  

See how God can't be mad at that? Lol 

You won't go to hell if you don't believe in it you just have to reinforce the real knowledge in your mind by studying some Egyptian or other cultures that tell of the souls journey through the afterlife.