3 posts in this topic

Hi all I'm Tomass

Hi Tealers! My name is Tomass!

My spiritual history began with the suffering I experienced within my family (emotional  abuse, being the only child in a very unconscious & poor
family, co-dependent relationships between mother, father and me, domestic violence, etc.) and at school. In my teens, I begin a mild form of interest
in buddhism and meditation. I was very dissociated and daydreaming as a coping mechanism back then, but through different means,
spirituality and philosophy came back again in again in my life.

I want to name Eckhart Tolle and Yuttadhammo Bhikkhu as some very important early influences. Eckhart, being an authentic proof of the
reality of spiritual enlightenment, with his relaxed ego-dissolved-transcendent state, was a heavy strike for me and the friends of mine who
read "The Power of Now". Eckhart will be remembered as one of the most important spiritual legends of our time, reminding and catalyzing
the ever-present stillness in millions of people on earth. 

Yuttadhammo Bhikkhu is a canadian-born Theravada buddhist monk who lived for many years in Thailand under the supervision and teaching
of his master Ajaan Tong Sirimangolo (who himself is fully enlightened and was visited by the Dalai Lama). Yuttadhammo's Youtube videos spoke
to me, he is young and yet profoundly dedicated to meditation and the understanding and teaching auf authentic buddhism. Funny enough, while
he also can be strikt at times, even as a monk, he still was open to do Youtube videos on topics like mastrubation ^^ (he is from my POV too much
on the side of staying away from the world, which Teal would call spiritual bypassing...).

Years upon years I found myself practicing (for instance meditation), and then again doubting if enlightenment is truly possible and how much 
practice and/or suffering it would take to "reach" it. I even thought during these days if I should quit my normal life and become a monk. I was not successful,
my studies of mathematics took very long (due also to ongoing fights and struggles with my family, financial issues, etc.). 
Another turning point came when I found Adyashanti (in a book store) and german spiritually enlightened teacher Anssi Antila. These people showed me that
my fear that basically only Eckhart Tolle, a few hardcore monks etc. were the only living enlightened teachers, was WRONG.

In fact, there are fortunately many enlightened teachers nowaday. Every zenmaster who offers Dokusan has at least stream entry /Sotapanna level. The satsang/
neo-advaita people have it mostly as well. Of course, there are deluded idiots and frauds, like everywhere in life. 

Basically, the short biography is:

Born in latvia, traumatized in poor and deluded, although "trying" soviet family, came to Berlin during the "golden nineties"( which I retrospect romantize),
never fit in, deeply deeply within me, saw my , burdened it through domestic violence and deep suffering through fights of mom & dad. lived quite 
daydreaming for at least until I was 23, studied math for 4 years without a degree... mom sad and mad like hell when i switched studies. Did communications
at the University of Arts. Learned a lot, enjoyed a lot... was in class with deeply ego-identified people... know my own resistance against that know to be my own "responsibility",
 finished it. Got in a nine to five in sales at a startup.

Ah sorry I'm a bad storyteller.... the spiritual key events were reading Eckhart Tolle's work... plus meditating more myself. wanting to be enlightened... confused if it's possible
for me... the universe brought me to Marianne Wachs. Crazy-ass Dark Night of the Soul one and a half years ago. damnnn... almost went crazy. .... last october.... reached stream
entry. in between there, I found Teal, crazy crazy crazy that the stuff she is talking about, especially self-love, is so burdended and unavailable almost everywhere else in society.
I was so lucky to be accepted by Teal this April to become a Certified Completion Process Practitioner. <3 Thanks again! And thank the universe I could help already many people
with this on a profound level. :)

Now, I start to become a more and more available and successful spiritual teacher & healer. I will give webinars, hold events, wrote an ebook, many things will come... my struggle 
now is that I want tomove away from 9 to 5 ASAP. I want to help people through spirituality, meditation, satsang, creativity webinars... ahhh sooomany things...  the question for me now is 
how I best go about really making a living from spirituality alone... 

So this is my main mission and I want people to really receivervalue from what I offer... !!! :)

I'm a distorted picses, so bare with me <3 

• Upvote 3

Sveiks! Bija ļoti interesanti lasīt tavu stāstu, jo pati arī esmu dzimusi Latvijā (vēl joprojām dzīvoju). Cik tev bija gadi, kad pārvācies  dzīvot uz Berlīni. Vai vēl joprojām pārzini Latviešu valodu!!! =)
Hey! It was very interesting to read your story, because I too was born in Latvia (still living). How old were you when you moved to Berlin? Do you still know how to speak in Latvian? =)

Am 11.11.2017 um 23:26 schrieb Solvita:

Sveiks! Bija ļoti interesanti lasīt tavu stāstu, jo pati arī esmu dzimusi Latvijā (vēl joprojām dzīvoju). Cik tev bija gadi, kad pārvācies  dzīvot uz Berlīni. Vai vēl joprojām pārzini Latviešu valodu!!! =)
Hey! It was very interesting to read your story, because I too was born in Latvia (still living). How old were you when you moved to Berlin? Do you still know how to speak in Latvian? =)

hi there i don't speak Latvian. ^^ just russian. i was 6 when I moved to Berlin