Sign in to follow this  
Violet Dove

Why is there no chat room anymore?

9 posts in this topic

The feature got removed by the developers of the foundational technology that is used to power this website.

It was not our call, we hope they reconsider but they killed the chat project for all of their clients, including us (nothing to do with this website specifically)

I don't understand what's so special about chats? can someone please explain me? There are pm option always available. Or other apps and platforms . I am not sure if TT was the same place if the majority of the users here were sitting in chats ?

On 29 July 2017 at 1:42 PM, Garnet said:

I don't understand what's so special about chats? can someone please explain me? There are pm option always available. Or other apps and platforms . I am not sure if TT was the same place if the majority of the users here were sitting in chats ?

Something about Chat, from someone who doesn't use it anyway - you'd be present on-line (in Chat) and see other flick in and then out. It was almost like people freaking they were open to someone contacting them. So to me, it became, "Oh, you don't want to be seen, eh...!"

The same behaviour is exhibited by those who go to a Topic are noted as a 'viewed' for watching/reading, but leave without contributing anything - like they maybe think they haven't got anything worth saying? Dunno; but I saw one new Teal Member post a nice "Hi" to all out there in Teal Land and had it views but absolutely no replies. No-one out of 15 views had the decency to type a few nice words..?
So I did and immediately was appreciated. Doesn't take much to be nice.

So, those of you out there, that view and click on, how about posting something next time? Try a Post and have no-one reply and see how you feel. Nah, resistance. But just some common decency and Etiquette, is all I'm asking... SOMEBODY... PLEASE reply to MEEEEE. Just joking. wipe wipe

Light

• Upvote 1

On 8/16/2017 at 6:24 PM, Crystal Rob said:

Something about Chat, from someone who doesn't use it anyway - you'd be present on-line (in Chat) and see other flick in and then out. It was almost like people freaking they were open to someone contacting them. So to me, it became, "Oh, you don't want to be seen, eh...!"

The same behaviour is exhibited by those who go to a Topic are noted as a 'viewed' for watching/reading, but leave without contributing anything - like they maybe think they haven't got anything worth saying? Dunno; but I saw one new Teal Member post a nice "Hi" to all out there in Teal Land and had it views but absolutely no replies. No-one out of 15 views had the decency to type a few nice words..?
So I did and immediately was appreciated. Doesn't take much to be nice.

So, those of you out there, that view and click on, how about posting something next time? Try a Post and have no-one reply and see how you feel. Nah, resistance. But just some common decency and Etiquette, is all I'm asking... SOMEBODY... PLEASE reply to MEEEEE. Just joking. wipe wipe

Light

Thank you,

for the kind, informative input.

with love,   JiantDwarph

• Upvote 1

@JiantDwarph

On 19 August 2017 at 5:53 PM, JiantDwarph said:

Thank you,

for the kind, informative input.

with love,   JiantDwarph

I like the greyed 'science community / speed of dark' bit - JD, you did see my reply in another Post about that, didn't you...? And, intriguing profile pic... 

Light, crystal Rob

22 hours ago, Crystal Rob said:

@JiantDwarph

I like the greyed 'science community / speed of dark' bit - JD, you did see my reply in another Post about that, didn't you...? And, intriguing profile pic... 

Light, crystal Rob

Yes, I saw that comment, and I liked it very much . . . it was funny.

Namaste  friend

JD

• Upvote 1