carlos peterson

enthusiasm = deception

3 posts in this topic

enthusiasm = deception

enthusiasm= decepcion :

when and how i decided that the best in order to not suffered or not dissapoint me, is not get exited because in my childhood when something excited me, something happened and did not get what I had enthusiastic.

Come to the conclusion that it is better not to get excited to not suffer and  to not be disappointed, because generally incredible things do not happen to me. and this sense is terrible sad.

sorry abaut my english im from mexico love¡¡¡¡

In Buddhism, they talk about "non-attachment".  They are not talking about "don't fall in love with someone".  

"Non-attachment" means "don't get attached to some particular outcome".  In other words: if you expect some particular outcome and you don't get it then you could be disappointed.   But if you have no particular expectation then you have a better chance of enjoying what you do get.

Rolling Stones: You can't always get what you want. But if you try sometimes, you might find, you get what you need."

I think being in a neutral state is normal, no high expectations and no low disappointments, if you build up this fantasy in your head you will feel disappointed every time because a one-sided positive world with no negative and vice versa does not exist, it just doesn't. for example you like a girl and only see the good in her then when you get to know her you also see the negative in her and she see's the negative in you too, so now your fantasy is gone because all people have both aspects, life will never be all high and all low, its both, just don't have expectations. I like to watch movies where I have no idea what they are about so I have no bias towards it. we learn from the lows too, even lows come with highs.

Edited by Alex7