ste92k

Feeling offended/triggered by "the nice guy"

Today I have been triggered by a guy I work with and it's not the first time. He's usually nice with everyone including me, but sometimes he's just frustrated or something and he responds in a pretty rough way- not "nice". I'm thinking a lot about this, even though it's a really small thing.  I felt offended because I asked a question and he answered in an obvious kind of way, kind of like "You just have to f***ing do it this way", but in a normal tone of voice, not angry. When he said that I felt the anger and pain inside my chest, thinking 'How can someone talk to me like this?! Don't they realise it's offensive or am I just too vulnerable?' 

I mean I'm a bit confused because this guy sometimes can be nice and he asks things about my life and what I like to do outside work (for example I talked about healing techniques), but then he has these moments where he responds that way or just makes fun of what I tell him about me "just because it's fun". I believe that in jokes there's some truth. Anyway I never understood these people, so please I would like to hear your thoughts about this...

Thank you:)

Edited by ste92k
  • Upvote 2

Tell him upfront, and ask if there are things happening in his life that are weighing him down.... 

When I read the title I thought of 'The Nice Guy' film starring Russell Crowe and Ryan Gosling... which is silly and brilliant at the same time

• Upvote 2