Kelly005

Tooth whitening - Need Advice

6 posts in this topic

Tooth whitening - Need Advice

Hey, I am Kelly. I am a kind of person who doesn’t take much care of my looks. I dress in a shabby way too. Recently my cousin came to stay at my place as she got a job near my place. She takes so much care in her looks and appearance. Her wardrobe is stacked with a variety of dresses and her drawers with cosmetics. Seeing all these, I also started to have a desire to dress up like her. When I told her about this she was more excited than me.

The first thing which she asked me to do is to go to a spa. The second thing she asked me to do was to fill my wardrobe with trendy and pretty dresses. The next thing which she made me realize was that my teeth are yellow in color. She asked me to take a tooth whitening procedure from Houston as she had done there earlier. Even though I was okay with the first and the second one that she asked me to do, I am worried about the third one. I have heard that most of the people suffer from tooth sensitivity after tooth whitening. But she didn’t have any sort of problems thankfully. What is your opinion? Should I do it?

why do you have the need to have someone else tell you what to do ?

why do you have the desire to give the power away? 

why do you want to fit in when you don't? 

Edited by Majda

I want to invite you to be you.  That doesn't mean that you should be the complacent you that doesn't care about yourself.  That means, I invite you to be your best self, the self that makes you proud.

In Teal's book Shadows Before Dawn, she recommends asking yourself "what would a woman who loves herself do?"  

Don't put yourself in a box.  Don't say "I don't belong here." Be the person that you want to be.

When it comes to teeth whitening, you decide what a woman who loves herself would do.

Edited by Scot
  • Upvote 1

Hello Kelly,

There are many natural tooth whitening alternatives out there. Just put it into google search and try them first before going to the clinic.

You can probably learn a lot from your cousin but you don't have to repeat everything she does. If she tells you need to draw your eyebrows and you have your own good eyebrows ,  are you really going to follow that? 

Also just from my experience you can't get a good advice from a woman  if you are not being seen as another woman . You know the advice is good when it helps to bring out your personality instead of hiding it ❤

• Upvote 1

On 7/25/2017 at 11:30 PM, Kelly005 said:

Thank you all for making me realize the need of loving myself. I am going to live like before, free and proud of myself!! 

If you really feel the desire to whiten your teeth, you can use what I use: Tom's fluoride-free toothepaste with whitening. You should be able to find it at most stores. It will whiten your teeth without the negative effects of fluoride. I stopped consuming fluoride for the sake of my pineal gland. You can also use hydrogen peroxide (swish it around in your mouth like mouth wash). Tom's toothepaste pic is below: 

toms.jpg