mei_sheets

Stained teeth - Need advice!!

4 posts in this topic

I'm under depression because of my stained teeth. I have tried many ways to get rid of them but I couldn't see any result. 
On a family occasion, I laughed on a joke cracked by my brother. I totally forgot about my teeth. My cousins started showing faces which hurt me a lot. I stopped attending functions and also feel uncomfortable when people are around me. I want to overcome this so I'm thinking of undergoing depression treatment. I hope it might be of some help. 
One of my friends suggested undergoing teeth whitening. I'm worried about the expenses of this procedure. She advised talking to the dentist from a cosmetic dental service in Ajax. But I'm confused. Should I consult a dentist or undergo a depression treatment? Please help!! 

On 7/16/2017 at 4:27 PM, mei_sheets said:

I'm under depression because of my stained teeth. I have tried many ways to get rid of them but I couldn't see any result. 
On a family occasion, I laughed on a joke cracked by my brother. I totally forgot about my teeth. My cousins started showing faces which hurt me a lot. I stopped attending functions and also feel uncomfortable when people are around me. I want to overcome this so I'm thinking of undergoing depression treatment. I hope it might be of some help. 
One of my friends suggested undergoing teeth whitening. I'm worried about the expenses of this procedure. She advised talking to the dentist from a cosmetic dental service in Ajax. But I'm confused. Should I consult a dentist or undergo a depression treatment? Please help!! 

You do not have to pay a lot or undergo professional treatments to make your teeth whiter. There are many options. The cheapest and easiest way is to buy whitening toothepaste and to use mouthwash regularly. You can also use hydrogen peroxide with baking soda as a cheap, natural mouthwash. However, I stopped consuming fluoride toothepaste due to it's detrimental harmful calcifying effects on your pineal, pituitary, and endocrine glands. Fluoride has also been linked to thyroid issues. So, I use Tom's fluoride-free with whitening. You can find it at most stores. Pic is below:

If you consume lots of sugar, coffee, soda (especially brown or dark colas), or tea, stop. These are destroying your enamel and staining your teeth. Try to drink water most of the time. If you decide to go for something with sugar or a dark dye, use a straw to avoid contact with your teeth. 

You can use Crest Whitestrips, but make sure you only use them for the required time and no longer. 

toms.jpg

strips.png

If people are uncomfortable with the way you look, that's their problem and their ego issue. Their simply projecting their insecurities onto you. I know it's hard to be accepted in today's age especially with such intense pressure and standards on physical appearance. Teeth are very important though and you'll need them a long time, so make a routine of caring for them if you haven't already. Hope this helps!

Edited by ascension21

Treat the cause of your depression ,  not the depression itself . Stains are not that hard to remove and there are plenty of options available including affordable ways to do it. So if you are still holding to it then stained teeth are serving you in some beneficial ways .