kzhiko

Physical Appearance (feeling ugly about yourself)

7 posts in this topic

Physical Appearance (feeling ugly about yourself)

Hi Guys,

Feeling ugly about yourself can be tough, especialy in today's society.

I would like to know if it is possible to change your physical appearance (getting bigger eyes, getting clean skin etc..) using the Law of Attracyion. 

I know the answers I might receive from you, like "Physical beauty is not everything, develop your inner beauty and it will reflect outside", "Don't change yourself just to be liked by other people", "Inner beauty and being healthy are the real beauty" or "You should accept yourself the way you are" and so on.

I also know I want beauty to be liked by others. But that is not all of it. I want it because I want to feel better about myself. Right know, I am so depressed because I feel like I am the ugliest creature and cannot fit in this world. No, I can fit but I don't want to be weak and ugly. I attempted suicide for couple of times. So, please, tell me what you think I need to do.

I think we all need to try to be ourselves.   Not some self-hating version of ourselves but be the person that we have always wanted to be.  That advice may be simple but it isn't easy and frankly it isn't actually all that simple either.

I tend toward depression.  I have never attempted suicide but I did get to the point where I was thinking about methods.  (For others reading this:  from what I have heard, if you start thinking about methods then that is a red flag. Or if you have attempted suicide then that is a huge red flag.   Get professional help)

There are plenty of professionals who want to help.  Psychologists, counselors, therapists, psychiatrists.  And there are many forms of therapy including but not limited to drug therapy. Don't let any lay person tell you what type of therapy you need.  If you need to talk to a counselor then talk to a counselor.  If you need drug therapy then take the drugs.  

But as far as being the person you want to be.  That isn't easy.  I am finding that meditation helps.  I am finding that pushing past vulnerability and putting myself "out there" helps.  I can practice good habits and be happy with myself, or I can quit practicing those good habits and spiral down into depression.  For now I am practicing what I consider to be good habits. 

Try to gain approval for what you dont like about your appearance. i.e. if you dont like that you have small eyes , for example, then you could try to find ways in which that could be a good thing. e.g. you could find other people you consider atttractive that also have that trait.

Also if you want to use the law of attraction then go directly for what you want. So if you want approval or to be liked then get try to get into the vibration of already having that.

Hope this helps.

• Upvote 1

I guarantee you that you don't look as bad as you think, and even the most attractive people have insecurities even though from the outside we cant imagine that, everyone has insecurities about their body or face, that exists in everyone. I think we waste a lot of energy on that because it exists everywhere, you have these instagram models you compare yourself to or people on tv and movies and we put some much worth on our looks, then when that's gone its like oh fuck! Even to wear no make up with pimples is challenging for most people, even though that's the reality, a little pimples here and there is normal. Stop looking in the mirror because you already programmed your brain to think you are ugly so you will always see ugly, not because its true but because that's what you made your face and features mean subconsciously comparing yourself to other people.

I enjoy getting myself out of these boxes of belief systems and quitting things so I guess if you live in western society the default attractive is white people, you don't see Indians on tv or other dark skin people, look on google image and type actors and the majority are white, I'm not being racist but that's what you will see, If it were a different race that would be what was considered attractive, we are just so easily programmed.

If you want love and that's the root of why you want to be attractive everyone can be loved, when someone is vulnerable your hearts open up and that's love, the other shit we attach to love like this must mean we are meant to be together or something along those lines is added stuff, when love is simple, you really can feel love for everyone, when they open up you will feel love. If people judge their worth based on their looks and that alone this world would be shallow as fuck, Intelligence is attractive, personality is attractive, humor is attractive, having a skill is attractive, doing what you love is attractive, self love is attractive, authenticity is attractive, a talent, like being a artist or play instrument, being able to speak multiple languages is attractive, being cultured is attractive, to just have "I'm hot", doesn't mean you will be attractive in those other areas, being attractive isn't the whole of what makes someone attractive trust me, and thank god the body can change, so change diet and work out a little and you will have a new body. This world is pretty shallow but yeah, its not the golden ticket to be attractive, they still see parts of themselves they think are ugly, even super models, nobody is perfect and anyone acting perfect is a over compensation for their lack of confidence, its a façade, not real. And most celebrities or people with a following develop a alter ego lol so that's not the real them either, at our core we all have the same insecurities no matter what we look like.

Edited by Alex7
  • Upvote 1

First of all. If you are keeping up with your general hygiene then just this one thing alone is going to add so much to your attractiveness !

Second is your wardrobe. Invest in what makes you look and feel good!

And third. It is what you do. If your actions are ugly, no appearance is going to help. Ugly actions are huge turn off. 

Also it is good to remember that those who are considered very beautiful people have their own challenges to overcome . Teal writes about it a lot in her blogs. I am sure not many people would want her problems . If any.

Edited by Garnet
Correction