7 posts in this topic

The 5 elements

So I wrote to Teal asking would she do a video on the 5 elements and next time I check in it's announced she's doing a fully blown workshop with the topic! How wonderfully synchronisitic life is...

Anyway, from my elementary understanding ;) the world we live in is constituted by fire, water, air, earth and ether/space, which make up everything in and around us. 

What I want to know is when an imbalance of one or more these is recognised, how to simply interpret what will harmonise the flow of elements? 

This is a complex topic and I think best keep discussion open and general

Optimal health gurus please do shine your light! ☆♡☆

Ok, so clicks in joints is a sign of excess air getting trapped for some reason. Excess earth can be seen as too much mucous in the nasal passages. Whenever I try look this stuff up I'm always bombarded with complexities, I'm wondering does there exist simple step by step way of bringing the body back into balance when considering the 5 elements?

• Upvote 1

Hello River Siannon 

I would say that the 5 elements you are talking about is a model.  It is not the model used by scientists but that alone doesn't make a bad model.

A model is supposed to help explain something.  A model is useful when it is useful.  But how do you find this model to be useful?  

The scientific model is that the universe is composed of the 100 or so elements on the Periodic Table that we learned in chemistry class.  This model is extremely useful to describe the physical world. 

I am not saying that the 5 element model has no place.  But what is its place?

Edited by Scot

Hey, i love the topic and dont know much, so am following it and will do more research. 

I have been sick, out of balance the whole summer. Sneezing, coughing, spitting sputum... Lack of or disrupted sleep, as some of u may know... Imbalance of those elements i also see as imbalance in/of left and right, or between the left and right cerebral hemispheres... One is the female energy (right one), manifestation and expression of it, other is the male (left), one is creative, other is logical, practical. Imbalance between those two often causes illnesses. One can restore balance by introducing that energy in life, or doing some meditative exercices when you breathe through both nostrils consciously and simultaneously , or separatelly depending on the need and which energy is unbalanced, or is suffering. I havent done this recently because i dont care about (physical) health that much, but it is useful. 

Regarding the 5 elements, what i would try is actually merging with them, with what i feel is missing in me... I would appreciate water, appreciate air by ackwnoledging it and breathing in out, would stare at a candle, though i think i have excess fire now so :))) Really nice topic, and havent known about such a detailed diagnosis and connection with the elements and the imbalance... 

Neptune, chicken bones wont help you, telling you from experience. It depends on the period, but whatever you're suffering from needs resolution and fresh, good food , so you dont burden your body additionally. 

take care, love the topic, say more pls

Edited by Majda
  • Upvote 1

I just thought... What about dealing with excess of some element? like to much earth maybe you can balance with more airish expression ? :):) 

<3

• Upvote 1

The elements can be balanced with thought alone. We must keep in mind that the elements break down to a quantum level where quantum physics can quantify (if you will) these elements even further than we normally imagine.

Let's assume that the theory of  quantum physics or mechanics stating that consciousness interacts with the physical world is true, which most of us can agree to. Considering quantum physics explains the supernatural.

Our minds not only interact with these elements on a sub-molecular level, but also in other dimensions.

So basically just your own consciousness can realign or align you.

Thought is more substantial than the device you are in this forum on.

Edited by Micah
  • Upvote 1