Ripley

Restricted eating and late period

2 posts in this topic

Restricted eating and late period

I've been restricting the food I eat since march/April(ish). I went vegan from vegetarian and I've never had a good relationship with food or my body so I started restricting and trying to be super healthy while exercising. I'm the lowest weight I've ever been and I know it's unhealthy but it's difficult for me to eat enough. I feel really full and I like having something I can control like this. 

Now my period is a week late and I'm not sure if undereating and over exercising caused it. Does anyone have any experience with disordered eating. I'm making an effort to eat more and look into the psychological reasons I'm doing this, but I'd like to hear anyone else's experience. 

• Upvote 1

When i was a vegetarian, i used to restrict myself a lot, it felt like i was gaining weight just from smelling the food. Then i went vegan, and at first i always felt like i was starving, so listening to my body i started to eat a lot more. Like any other northern russian vegan on a budget, i ate lots of various grains, beans, potatoes. I don't really like fruits and berries, except bananas. Even though i ate a lot, i still lost weight so I'm pretty convinced that you can not gain weight on vegan diet ( if you eat mostly clean). It is very easy for me to not eat enough and feel tired all day, so yeah, i think undereating, especially being vegan can easily cause problems with cycle. Taking b12 supplements and eating more protein might help.

• Upvote 1