Sign in to follow this  
Lucie

How to reconcile following our joy with social life and commitment ?

5 posts in this topic

1 hour ago, Lucie said:

All is in the title ! I look forward for your answers.

I've found that to follow my joy I can't really have a social life.  

I like do a lot of things so I can't really hang out with people much because I'll just get bored and space out anyway.

I also can't have very many commitments cause they infringe upon my progress so you can imagine how hard it is for me to exist here on earth lol.

@Lucie what do you mean by "social life and commitment"?

If by "social life" you mean going out for drinks in stinking loud pubs and having lots of boring small talk - I say stay away from it! There are better ways to connect with people, you just have to find out what they are, for you. Most of my favorite social experiences didn't include any talking. Yoga classes. Or, an impromptu collective musical improvisation in the toilet of an art academy. Playing soccer.

As for "commitments", I do my best to say no to anything that doesn't resonate with me, that doesn't feel like joy.

This way, there's no need for reconciliation. It's either joy  or nothing.

The most beautiful thing happens when you follow your joy and find like-minded people on that path. No need for socializing, you start co-creating right away!

One of my favorite song lyrics says: "Now I may have met my match / completely unattached"

14 minutes ago, Renat said:

@Lucie what do you mean by "social life and commitment"?

If by "social life" you mean going out for drinks in stinking loud pubs and having lots of boring small talk - I say stay away from it! There are better ways to connect with people, you just have to find out what they are, for you. Most of my favorite social experiences didn't include any talking. Yoga classes. Or, an impromptu collective musical improvisation in the toilet of an art academy. Playing soccer.

As for "commitments", I do my best to say no to anything that doesn't resonate with me, that doesn't feel like joy.

This way, there's no need for reconciliation. It's either joy  or nothing.

The most beautiful thing happens when you follow your joy and find like-minded people on that path. No need for socializing, you start co-creating right away!

One of my favorite song lyrics says: "Now I may have met my match / completely unattached"

Well said indeed.  

I got joy energy just from reading that it was poetry in motion.

Everything in life is resonance and therefore musical as the ancients well knew.

You are a wise man I salute.

True advice worthy of consideration and application.