Sign in to follow this  
Sabrina B.

Affirmation

3 posts in this topic

Affirmation

Hy there

I was wondering, if anyone is working with affirmations? Are there any Videos or Blogs of Teal about Affirmations that you know of?

I know that it is important when working with affirmations, that it is the feeling that counts. So if I write down an affirmation, it has to feel "right" in my body, it's not about the words, it's about the feeling. I got that.

So how do you work with them?

It would be great to hear from you how you work with affirmations and what impact they have on your live!

Repetition, spiritual practice requires... practice. Repeat affirmation over and over and see how things change. When that becomes the new norm try a new affirmation to work on a different aspect of self. Simple but not easy, that's why it's called a spiritual discipline.

13 hours ago, Sabrina B. said:

'Affirmation

Hy there

I was wondering, if anyone is working with affirmations? Are there any Videos or Blogs of Teal about Affirmations that you know of?

I know that it is important when working with affirmations, that it is the feeling that counts. So if I write down an affirmation, it has to feel "right" in my body, it's not about the words, it's about the feeling. I got that.

So how do you work with them?

It would be great to hear from you how you work with affirmations and what impact they have on your live!

Hello! I use affirmations to change self limiting beliefs. The way I see it, a belief is just a repeated thought, and a repeated thought is just another type of affirmation. I think affirmations should be statements not too far from your current thinking, for example, lets say I want to become a great tennis player, it is no good in me stating 'I am the worlds greatest tennis player' when really I have only ever played at beginner level. But if I say to myself 'I played brilliantly in my beginners tennis match last week' I immediately set my focus onto the 'good' aspects of my performance. and gradually I will increase the exaggeration, for example, lets say I win a few games at beginner level I could affirm statements like 'I must be getting good at tennis' or 'I feel good enough to play at intermediate level'. and the belief that I am getting better at tennis will become more engrained. and if my performances have been shit I will use statements to look for the positives in my performance; 'my movement was good', 'I made some good return shots' or 'I played better than last week, I must be improving'. and a strange thing starts to happen, when affirmations have been repeated enough your conscious mind looks for things in your life to prove them right, and the belief will eventually become unconscious. I apologise for the sports talk, I took sports science at college so I felt this was the best example I had to offer! I hope this helps a little!