Katiee

soul groups, soul mates and twin flames

4 posts in this topic

soul groups, soul mates and twin flames

I think a lot of people who are not considered spiritual people feel that they have a soulmate out there, and I feel as though I do too! but how does one attract their soulmate? and what is the difference between a twin flame, soul group and soul mate? and how do we recognise them in other human beings?

Good question. You're asking something that only you can answer for yourself, I think it is different for everyone, but I think a lot of people would say that when you have found your sould mate, you will know! I think the terms "soul mate" and twin flame are interchangeable for the most part and often mean the same thing.

I know I have found a "soul mate" when it feels like love at first sight. I don't necessarily believe in actual love at first sight, but I have experienced it if that makes sense. To me it is beyond immediate physical attractiveness. When I stumble upon someone who is a soul mate, they seem familiar to me for reasons that I cannot explain. I know I have never met them but it feels like of like finding a long lost friend. It is like recognizing someone you don't know.

When I find a soul mate I don't feel obligated to make them my partner. Sometimes it's just nice to connect with someone in passing and soul mates/twin flames don't have to be romantic connections. It's like when you see each other across the room they light up, and you light up, and there is an immediate and silent understanding between you even if you never say anything. It kind of feels like being shocked by electricity. It's immediate and exciting. But it is different than the kind of love that you experience with a long-term partner. That kind of love develops over time, but the love at first sight experience is like a spark. That's not to say you can't have the love od a long term relationship with a soul mate, my point is that the immediate sensation of them are distinguished from each other.

TL;DR when you meet them, you will know and no one will have to explain it to you.
I have not heard of a soul group, but I imagine it's like being around people that you fit in with and that you are comfortable around, where you have a deep understanding of each other without necessarily needing to spell it out. I imagine Teal's intentional community that she lives with is a kind of soul group for them.

When I think of twin flames I think of a brother/sister best friends sort of dynamic. It's like when your best friend feels close enough to be your sibling but at the same time knows just how to push your buttons and can easily make worst enemies of each other. I think of twin flames as the perfect mirror. Opposite personalities but a close and intuitive bond that easily turns to hate if broken. The kind of friends that are easy to tease but you know you really love them. The kind relationship that no one understands except the two of you.

I wouldn't go looking for a twin flame or soul mate. Let them come to you when you are ready. As my friend explained it to me, when you are looking for that special someone to complete you then it's like you have relationship goggles on. It is better to learn how to fulfill yourself as much as possible before jumping into a relationship. If you are looking for a relationship to complete you and make you happy, you will never be satisfied. You will just feel incomplete and unhappy when you are in a relationship. That is not to say that it is wrong to seek out others to fulfill your needs, because that is an integral and important part of self care and getting your needs met. But if you are using a relationship to avoid parts of yourself or your life that you would rather avoid then the relationship is not likely to end well.

You really don't have to be ultra spiritual to understand this stuff. But it does help to be in contact with your emotions, wants, and needs so you can go in a positive direction and recognize your soul mate when you meet. Some people go their whole lives without experiencing soul mates and that is okay. They can still develop healthy loving relationships with others. Others experience it multiple times. 

One-way soul mates are not real soul mates in my opinion. That is how you know the difference between lust and intuitive connection. If you're head-over-heels for someone who doesn't give you a second look, then they are not the one. If someone is infatuated with you but you don't feel the same toward them, they are not the one. 

I think the best thing to do to find and attract these people into your life is to not go looking for them but to be open to them coming into your life. You don't necessarily have to go on a lot of dates to find them. They might be a waiter at a restaurant you eat at, a stranger passing by on the bus, a cashier. In my experience I find these people either when I am least expecting it and doing something that I wouldn't normally do, or when I volunteer or work at places I really believe in. 

Hope this helps!

• Upvote 1

@Tony P  what a great explanation ! thanks for sharing it here!

I would like to add from my personal experience i have noticed that the soul/twin/group flame relationship is a lot lot like the relationship that you would see sometimes between people from 2 or more different cultures . I don't know if anyone noticed but often people with different backgrounds understand each other better than those who are from the same place and speak the same language . I think it's because people are putting more effort to understand one another and remember each others differences which in return always form a much deeper connection . 

• Upvote 2

from my perspective a soul group is like your soul family, they are fragments of your soul. A soul mate would be someone helping you evolve and heal, like someone in your life that annoys you lol. Also we find people attractive that are like ourselves, like if the real you is loud and expresses and dresses the way you would and lives the way you would like this is you seeing yourself, the closest version of your in alignment self, this is one level of attraction, you will find your blue print attractive outside of you before you are even it. A twin flame is soul love, this is why you have to love yourself to get to this level of understand because you are connected to your soul essence and now your soul picks who is right for you, not your ego with all of these layers of healing, your soul can see past all of that, so when you are connected to your soul and get rid of the human beliefs your soul can recognize itself in another body and it will be a magnetic attraction and they will be like a 3rd arm you grew, not a day will go by that you don't think of them because they are you. Sounds like unrequited love but this is your soul recognizing itself, I also recommend you healing yourself or they will mirror every aspect of you and you cant lie to them because they are you literally. You can also love normal people the way you love your twin flame and those relationships will be in soul love too, but you will be in self love and respect your boundaries even over your twin flame, its all about self love in a twin flame relationship, they are only showing you who you are and they see your potential and you see their, but there is always this source love there, but if you don't love yourself it will hurt because they will see your weaknesses too, so you have to love that in you also. Not everyone picks the twin flame relationship because it is about mastering yourself and loving yourself, and that doesn't mean you won the game, I noticed some people who found their twin flame have a sort of ego to them like I have this wisdom because I reached the highest version of love, but their soul probably choose that, so its not that much of an achievement if it was going to happen anyway lol, not everyone picks that but everyone has this higher self connection. So a soul mate relationship is a ego relationship and chances are they are like your mom/dad(which isn't a bad thing), and the twin flame is soul love, but you have to be in your soul essence to even have that level of awareness to notice yourself in another body, you will love the soul in the body so you will love them in any form, old, fat, diseased, homeless, whatever you can think of you will always love them, but only if you love yourself.

Edited by Alex7