twisted love

tips on how to cope with stress

8 posts in this topic

On 6/20/2016 at 2:23 AM, twisted love said:

i am very bad at dealing with stress when ever i get very stressed i either shut down or want to die. any tips on how to deal with stress?

@twisted love Basically, I just feel the hell out of my feelings until they break and release through me. It doesn't usually take long, but I have to remain present with them, say 'I'm here with you right now' and just Rambo through them, no matter how messed up, or terrible it is. If I sense a trigger, and I feel up to it, I launch into the completion process, but it depends on how low I go. I finally let myself feel my rage and frustration from my childhood this week, and that's been the only way I could get through. I've given up most stimulants and depressants for the event, and it's just bonkers to finally fully rage out. Um. Hot, then cool showers also help pull the body into a more relaxed mode after you feel your feels. 

If you're in a 'the world is ending,and I don't care, f it* slope, obviously if you're (not saying you are) contemplating self harm, reach out here or to someone safe, but just have a wallow in it. Once you are in the middle of that feeling, just sit with it, and let it burn all the way through you. Trying to get away from it doesn't work. :( It shouldn't take that long to, in my experience but everyone's different. Then, when you're ready (it's okay if you need a nap, sleep actually resets your momentum for the day, and if you're in a negative spiral, it will reset that energy for you), gently ask yourself what might feel better to do, or good to do. 

Comfort is the main thing, there's no rush, there's no one that needs to be put ahead of yourself. It's totally about you and your feelings. If you shut down, you may be experiencing a trigger that brings up some sort of dissociation from your earlier days, and it may be a good time to pay attention to where that might be coming from at some point where you feel safe, and it's comfortable. I keep a mental 'trigger' journal for when I get to my meditation sessions.  

• Upvote 3

An activity worksheet we did during my stay at a treatment center was brainstorming 20 ways to cope with stress. Some of those things on my list were talking, playing guitar, decorating, singing, and being with my cat. 

Mind you, coping ways can either be positive or negative so just be aware.

identifying what stresses you out is important, and then if you can find ways to reduce stressors, do it! prioritizing how you feel, and then setting healthy boundaries can reduce stress too. take yourself off the hook, you dont have to put yourself into any situation, find ways to do what you do want to do and less of what you dont want, because chronic stress occurs if someone keeps doing what they dont want to do or going places they dont feel in alignment with but go there anyway (in other words violate their own boundaries).

if it cant be avoided right now, breathing deeply and focused is always a good starting point. checking how your feet feel too. maybe you can find a symbol, a little figurine or a scent (like an essential oil you can open the bottle and take a sniff or put a drop on the wrists to smell it) or something else that you associate with a feeling of safety and carry that with you so when you get stressed you can use it to feel more safe

Edited by Lilia

To make stress simple its basicly to opposing forces.

The fastest way is eliminate one. which is verry easy said but hard to do sometimes.

Especialy if youre stressed. You dont have the power to over see it.

Maybe this is a option.

Picture yourself a year or 6 mouths in the future. Where there is no stress anymore.

Than look back at the time youre in now and slowly move in time forward

and picture a way you could solve the stress situation. You can do this multiple times untill you feel less stessed.

After that you could solve the situation. Than find out what happend and what you did or what your part was in the first place to attrack such a situation.

7 hours ago, Tibor said:

Picture yourself a year or 6 mouths in the future. Where there is no stress anymore.

Than look back at the time youre in now and slowly move in time forward

and picture a way you could solve the stress situation. You can do this multiple times untill you feel less stessed.

I do a similar process too. I also ask myself "will this still bother me in a year from now?". The thing is that we usually get so caught up thinking about something over and over causing stress  that we forget that there's always more than one way to solving anything.

Hello,

There are various of ways you can cope up with your stress. First of all, you have to figure out where the stress is coming from. Secondly, you have to take care of yourself, eat healthy food, do exercise on a regular basis and you could also take a warm bath in the walk-in tub by installing it by professionals of walk in bathtub in Spokane Valley because these walk-in tubs can give you peace of mind with added safety, comfort and therapeutic benefits which would help you to experience a good night's sleep with no stress level.