Radicalgnostic

Becoming my own therapist?

6 posts in this topic

Becoming my own therapist?

How can I become my own therapist (because I cannot afford a live one) so I can do the Internal Work that I need to do? I want to live in harmony with the 2 6-word slogans I use;

There Is Nothing Wrong With You

and

Speak Boldly, Live Passionately, Love Fearlessly

Thank you.

Research "shadow work".  Maybe find a good book on the subject and do it.

Get Teal's book on "The Completion Process" which I would argue is the same thing as shadow work.

Get Teal's book called "Shadows Before Dawn".  I have not read the whole book.  (I ought to get back to it)

Follow guided meditations on "Insight Timer" which is an app for iPhone.  Probably available for Android too I would bet.

5 hours ago, Radicalgnostic said:

There Is Nothing Wrong With You

and

Speak Boldly, Live Passionately, Love Fearlessly

With regard to the first one, I have been working with "I don't have to be perfect. I do want to be 'good'."

With regard to the second one, you mind me of something from Erich Schiffman:

"Let go so much that you feel wide open, like the sky. Be unguarded.  Undefended.  And see what happens. For love is what is left when you let go of everything that you don't need."

9 hours ago, Garnet said:

I feel that your first slogan is not very harmonic )))

Perhaps. And I work with a population of people who live with stigma and discrimination because of a diagnosis a doctor gave them. It is my way of helping them to realize that they're NOT their diagnosis. They've been told for most of their lives that something's WRONG with them. If you have a suggestion that can bring the same message in a more "harmonic" form (limit 6 words or less) please do. 

Simply question yourself with everything you feel you need more understanding of. Why do I feel so sad? When was the first time I felt this? When was the last time I felt this? What do I need to move forward? I like to imagine a younger me giving me the answers. If you have a hard time hearing that inner voice give it time and patience. :)