Yeny

Compatibility in romantic relationships

4 posts in this topic

Compatibility in romantic relationships

I'd like to get some insight about a how to reconciliate oposite religious believes versus authentic spiritual connection.  Loving someone while you represent the devil in his mind is a real challenge.  How to overcome the break up?  How to accept that you are no longer part of his life and that he has chosen his loyalty with Jehovah over his feelings for a "worldly human being"?  I don't see myself with anyone else right now. It's hard for me to open up my heart again. His presence is really strong.

I don't know how similar all religions are but they lead to the same place its just once we create a word and add meaning to it then we try to anthropomorphize god. I think religion is like the training wheels, if you are stuck in one belief system you can't really think beyond those ideas. All religion does is sort of create a code or language that represents your version of god, it could look like a sun, the ocean, blackness, and its attached to a feeling also, but this connection to source that everyone has is objective, but since you are creating all of this some people paint their own god as a man or whatever, but behind that image that their ego created is source. And people get really defensive when you tell them their god isn't real. The feeling behind the version of their god is real but their version probably isn't accurate, and some people their connection to "god" is personal, for sure don't bring up sacred geometry lol they see that as like witch craft.

55 minutes ago, Yeny said:

How to overcome the break up?

get sad and cry and don't resist it, just feel it all and the quicker it ends, I'm not saying it will be done over night but when you allow the emotion its quicker, when you suppress it lasts longer.

• Upvote 2

There are a few major major deal-breakers.

-if religion is a big deal to you and you differ on religion then that would be a deal-breaker for you  (or for him)

-the decision of whether to have kids and how many kids is a definite deal breaker.

-slightly lower on deal-breaker scale is how you like to spend your free time.

There are other factors too but I like I would consider those to be the big items for compatibility in a relationship.

So I agree with Alex.  Face the incompatibility head on and move on.  Maybe you can even thank your ex for allowing you the space to meet someone who is more compatible  

• Upvote 1

Alex,

Thanks for taking time to respond. I can't agree more with your views. I let my ego take control of my emotions from time to time. I've learned a lot from this experience. Choosing someone unavailable and getting so attached to my expectations out of this relationship was not exactly a self love act.   I gave up resisting my feelings. Reality is... It's all done and I'm still alive lol.

I also decided to feel he pain, to cry it out until I felt dry inside. It was going great until he sent me one of those regretful mid night txt messages after 9 months: "I will always always love you".   He must have been drunk or just deeply depressed. I will never know.  I accept now that he decided to stay where he is (5 miles from my place but ages away from me); and his version of god tells him that he will go to hell if he even thinks about me or gets close to me. I sense a subconscious submission to a cycle of self hate which nobody deserves.  I whish for him the best. I really want to set myself free and move on.  

My heart and my own version of god tells me that it is possible to be free. He made us all free and it's our responsibility to protect our freedom from any source of manipulation or control. Ultimately love is based on feeedom.