anaa

anxiety

4 posts in this topic

anxiety

Hi, so I have Obsessive Compulsive Disorder and when I try to use an OCD anxiety spike (an obsessive thought and then the urge to perform a compulsion) for the 2nd step of the process, going into the feeling, I feel like I get stuck.

I feel like maybe there's something else underneath the anxiety, but sometimes the emotion will dissolve when I try to feel it, but I know it will come back and hasn't really gone.

Anxiety/OCD is like my constant companion; having something inside my head every single day telling me that I'm bad, to feel guilty, to do things over and over and over again and not feeling like I can trust my own memory or thoughts, makes me feel like I don't know what's real.

Does anyone else suffer from OCD, or does anyone else get stuck on a particular emotion, and if so what do you do? 

• Upvote 1

I understand what your going through, especially the thoughts part. teal mentioned on her Instagram video recently that in her new book she's writing a chapter on 'the inner critic', its the voice in the head which always critizes, always comments negatively but the problem is people think its 'their' voice, when its actually completely false. the voice, or rather thoughts appearing, are not you, they are thoughts but also perceptions based on memory. its ok to feel this way, I've recently been through this heavy confusion, lasted a while too. but I found a way. so what helps is teals video on how to stop thinking. if u can combine that with some of Eckhart tolle teachings and also another man named mooji, both deal with thoughts as part of their teachings. So for instance, the inner critic, teal has mentioned a bit on in her second book. she says to Add to dictionary from it, meaning see it as a separate character, who is small, and always talking, let it talk but recognise that its the voice of society, parents. One thing to know is you are not your thoughts, or your memories, nothing can be perceived without their being a witness. one of the reasons they suck u in , that inner critic, is because their is an attachment called 'my mind', meaning every thought which goes by you, you believe is you thinking, but its not. its the same thing as someone who has a watch, if its stepped on, they feel hurt, because they say its 'my watch', yet if its any old watch in the street, they don't care. so thoughts are objects, they were meant to be used as clay, to mold our reality. moreover, when the anxiety appears, if u can feel it as a sensation, tell it you are fully present with it like a baby, but you are everything in existstence, source, so when you are doing this u are not get away from it, instead u are unconditionally with it to watch it, to hold it, to just breathe it in like its a aspect of you. teal also has a video on anxiety, and whenever ur in a crowd and anxious, I did a qi gong technique for mine which teal was taught, where u absorb in everyones energy you breath people in and realise that nothing happens, nobody has done  anything. I hope this helps, I'm always here if u need anything.

Thank you for your reply!

I felt like Eckhart tolle's The Power of Now really changed my life before I found The Completion Process, I was 'obsessed' with that book, but I don't want to keep taking 'spiritual teachers' words as gospel truth. I'll research Mooji. Do you ever question people's teachings and how do you decide what teachings to subscribe to or adopt? Also does the Completion Process work for you?

But I think I do take every thought in my head as 'me' without even really questioning it day-to-day; I'll watch Teal's How to stop thinking video.

I want to know if the shame, guilt, doubt and anxiety (that are the hallmarks of OCD) have a deeper root and cause and get to the bottom of it if that will help me. 

• Upvote 1

yes actually recently I went through a shift where I found the Buddha's quote, 'don't believe in anything anyone says, not even myself, unless it resonates with your heart', and after watching one of teals first interviews where she says how she escaped, through making 'focus' a game, I dropped a lot of teachings and decided to see if they actually work/can I make it into a game such as the law of attraction (even though some stuff has manifested before it remains as a concept), so yeah finding stuff out on your own path is wonderful. and the completion process has definitely worked for me, I have a feeling that shame and guilt predominantly are layers if not then core repressions within being hidden, including in myself. also at Christmas what worked for me was combining Eckhart tolle's method and teals method of the completion process, and what I found was it integrated as not only did I feel whole but it was the same feeling I had when I used to do the completion process. it was essentially seeing the 'fear which came up as separate entity, yet I was validating it, talking to it that I would always be there for it in life, and it can integrate whenever it wants. and it dissolved into me. so its wonderful to find out for yourself if this works. but you also don't have to do this alone either, if u need people or practitioners to be present with u and hold space that is valid too.