Tony P

Is it possible to be happy without having all needs met?

3 posts in this topic

Is it possible to be happy without having all needs met?

Is it possible to be truly happy even without having all needs met? I understand certain needs really do have to be met in order for anything to happen such as shelter, food, and water.

Another way to rephrase this...is it possible to be happy or generally contented with your life and still be searching for emotional intimacy, connection, a sense of belonging and/or other needs? Or is this state of contentment a false sense of security and a state of denial?

• Upvote 1

yes it is possible to be happy, for instance, talking to the aspect of you which wants to have those needs met and fulfilling them for it. but, there will always be needs as humans for things like connection, it starts with yourself first in that sense, to connect with yourself, then the aspect of you which needs its needs meeting, which can then reflect outside in external reflection, such as you being inspired to go on a site like meetups and join a spiritual group.  another way is that happiness in life can for most people, be based on the thoughts they are interested in. a millionaire could still be depressed, it happens very often, due to thoughts. yet someone else could be very happy with a cup of tea. u don't have to worry too much about it, because happiness is also a need for all aspects. and love most importantly.

The general happiness is created out of little things we feel happy about. If you are unhappy most of the time and then something good happens ,  it only gives you  temporary satisfaction. 

To me happiness is a chain of happy choices i make every single moment . Are you happy with your choices ?

It takes practice just like everything else . The less you choose what doesn't feel good, the happier your life feels .