FlowMasterKink

Hello Tribe! Meet Kink (:

6 posts in this topic

I go by Kink, because my maiden name is Kinkel and I've always had that nickname (I'm married). I've been watching Teal since 2014 and must say that although I love her material, my favorite things she puts out there are her interviews. You get that non-scripted real side of her and get little gold nuggets of authenticity that you would not get in a planned out video. I stumbled upon Teal Swan on Youtube one day when I was looking into opening the third eye. This pivotal moment was the very start of my spiritual journey. The inspiration into looking into spirituality for me was seeing my sister's health deteriorate due to stage 4 brain cancer. It was really difficult to watch her in her last few months of life before she died at the age of 32 and also very confusing, as I have always had no relatives and not gone through many deaths at all at 23. I realize now that my sister's circumstance is the only reason I've come to learn and follow so much spiritual wisdom. It's a bittersweet truth. There is also a strange twist to my story. My sister died in November 2014 and my best friend's sister died a month later in a car accident. We have found many synchronicities between the two of our situations and it's been an interesting ride with someone who is going through a similar situation and trying to learn the same things I am. Nowadays, aside from my full time job in the cleaning industry, and my hobbies in flow arts, I have been taking the initiative to keep up on multiple teachers' materials such as Teal and Andrew Barztis,  I've been reading lots of books such as the Conversations with God series, Astral Projection for Beginners, some stuff by John Edwards and The Pet Psychic, and I'm currently enrolled in online courses for a Psychic Mediumship Certification, a Tarot Diploma Course, and a Palmistry Course. There is also a small non credit class I'm planning to attend at my local community college called Healing Hands, as I have tried Teal's healing methods on different people and found them to work and would like to see what other people are learning. I would love it if Teal would ever end up anywhere near me here in Pittsburgh, I think that I would appreciate that more than any other person hosting an event that I could attend. I am hoping that I can get myself to keep up with staying active on the Tealswan website because I really admire being a part of the comminity! Peace and love!! Thanks for taking some time to read my story! :)

• Upvote 8

Hi Kink :) Thanks for sharing your story.

It sounds like your spiritual journey has involved many timely synchronicities, and I love that you were able to find meaning in what happened with your sister and recognise that it put you on a wisdom-seeking path.

One part of your sharing intrigued my curiosity -- what are the flow arts?

• Upvote 1

On 7/22/2016 at 3:48 PM, Hayley Maia said:

On 7/22/2016 at 3:48 PM, Hayley Maia said:

Hi Kink :) Thanks for sharing your story.

It sounds like your spiritual journey has involved many timely synchronicities, and I love that you were able to find meaning in what happened with your sister and recognise that it put you on a wisdom-seeking path.

One part of your sharing intrigued my curiosity -- what are the flow arts?

Hi Hayley! Thanks for your response and interest!   Flow artists are basically a community of people who use props to dance/perform tricks with said props and trying to keep rhythm and "go with the flow".  Props include but are not limited to  hula hoops,  poi, juggling sticks, flower sticks/devil sticks, slinkies, bow staff, etc. 

http://flowartsinstitute.com describes it as follows:

Flow Arts is a general term used to describe the intersection of a variety of movement-based disciplines including dance, juggling, fire-spinning, and object manipulation. The broad category Flow Arts includes a variety of pursuits that harmonize skill-based techniques with creative expression to achieve a state of present-moment awareness known as Flow.

Common forms of Flow Arts include Poi & Staff spinning, hula hoop (or “hooping”), juggling, sphere manipulation (or “contact juggling”), and fan dance. New props and expressions are emerging all the time as flow artists cross pollinate with martial arts, yoga, circus, belly dance, and beyond.“

I'm mostly into hooping out of all of them, you can check out my youtube channel for clips of me and my friends hooping and sometimes other forms of flow here ? 

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCBm_zvbysT--ys7Kit_4qxQ

• Upvote 1