Careers// Education// The Shift

5 posts in this topic

Careers// Education// The Shift

How is education and future careers going to look as the planet begins to awaken to the truth of the higher self? I don't want to offend anyone, but I can't see anyone having a strong desire to be a bricklayer or a plumber when they realise who and what they really are. What do you guys think the future holds for education and young people going into the work industry? 

You may be surprised at what people choose when they create a life that they truly love. Some people are very passionate about manual, blue-collar work. Just a few weeks ago a young guy came to our house to finish installing the wood floors. He had loud music playing (nobody was home) and he seemed to be enjoying it, getting into a flow state, and he did a wonderful job too! Obviously this is not a career for everyone and certainly not me, but there are people who are very talented and passionate about house remodeling, landscaping, and plumbing. There is a lot of skill, technique, and art that goes into those jobs. Even if everyone was "awakened" like you said, it doesn't mean everyone would want to be a doctor in their field or hold a high-status job. It just means that they would be doing more what they love, with intention and meaning.

• Upvote 2

15 hours ago, Tony P said:

You may be surprised at what people choose when they create a life that they truly love. Some people are very passionate about manual, blue-collar work. Just a few weeks ago a young guy came to our house to finish installing the wood floors. He had loud music playing (nobody was home) and he seemed to be enjoying it, getting into a flow state, and he did a wonderful job too! Obviously this is not a career for everyone and certainly not me, but there are people who are very talented and passionate about house remodeling, landscaping, and plumbing. There is a lot of skill, technique, and art that goes into those jobs. Even if everyone was "awakened" like you said, it doesn't mean everyone would want to be a doctor in their field or hold a high-status job. It just means that they would be doing more what they love, with intention and meaning.

Thanks for the reply! definitively give me some new perspective. It's just for me being 'awakened' let's say, I suddenly had an urge to switch from working as a personal trainer (sports was previously my passion) to wanting to dedicate my life to healing people, so from my perspective I'm seeing my passions change with my shift in consciousness. 

I think people will still have their specialities but they can and will branch out more - most people live in a highly systemized state and we are stuck to the idea of one job for life - I think that's going to be less relevant. I think people who are passionate about things that are considered unappealing (like plumbing) will find new ways to approach what they're doing. It's hard to believe but some people are really happy doing anything, but I think this mindset is fading away in the younger generations as they realize that the job-for-life concept doesn't offer the security that it once could.

• Upvote 1

10 hours ago, Kroge said:

I think people will still have their specialities but they can and will branch out more - most people live in a highly systemized state and we are stuck to the idea of one job for life - I think that's going to be less relevant. I think people who are passionate about things that are considered unappealing (like plumbing) will find new ways to approach what they're doing. It's hard to believe but some people are really happy doing anything, but I think this mindset is fading away in the younger generations as they realize that the job-for-life concept doesn't offer the security that it once could.

I totally agree dude!