Tony P

Spirituality and OCD

4 posts in this topic

Spirituality and OCD

I feel that I am not doing visualizations properly. I was going to send somebody an energy gift, but I had some intrusive thoughts at the time that I didn't want to send them something with a string of negative energy. When I do visualizations I am not in control of the intrusive thoughts that distort my vision, be it an imagined place of safety, or a memory. I have not been not diagnosed with OCD, but it has been recognized that I do have symptoms. When I tried to do the Completion Process I am often afraid of accidentally killing my child self, setting fire to my safe place, or everything drowned in darkness, and sometimes it happens, but I quickly try to recreate the image. It only happens for a second, but I don't know if it damages the potency of the visualization after that happens... I want to create a safe place in my mind, but I cannot seem to do it without intrustive thoughts. Does this happen to everyone? Do people just acknowledge it and move on?

Hi Tony!

This has happened to me a few times. I'll provide you with some suggestions that have helped me. To answer your question, yes, I acknowledge the thoughts and move on to work through them:

1) No one always has consistent positive thoughts (it's part of being here on this dimension of contrast - we have good/bad, dark/light, ego/nonego, duality). Do not blame or hinder yourself for these thoughts. Everyone thinks them. It takes someone with ultimate high consciousness to develop a consistent string of positivity (and this is usually only when they've worked through their childhood traumas, fears, etc.). It takes diving into the deep darkness to discover the light. 

2) Work on your thoughts and fears before sending someone energy. You must help yourself before you can help others. It takes true bravery and courage to do the completion process. As Teal explains, do not reject, deny, or supress whatever comes up when your doing this process. You will want to get to the core of why these thoughts come up. Diving into them will help you discover why they're there in the first place. 

3) Do not take the images literally. Rather, take them to be metaphorically. For example: Your child self may want a "re-start" in life and the only way of describing this to you is to show you the image of killing itself. Maybe your setting fire to your safe place is necessary because it is allowing you to feel safe even without depicted boundaries. 

I would say that ignoring the thoughts that come up does damage the potency of your intuition. Trust me, once you start working on your energy body and consciousness, it will show you the shadows of yourself that are begging to be worked with. You can always dive deep into these thoughts to the final extent, and then create birth from the process you endured. Back to the death of the child self, after you have let whatever thoughts transpire regarding it, it is freeing to create new thoughts in place of the aftermath. 

After you feel your are accomlished with the completion process, Teal has a great video she recently just posted on How To Stop Thinking. I think this will help you establish a new regime of thought process. Hope this all helps!  

Edited by HolographicLight
  • Upvote 1

This has helped me so much, thank you! It's a good reminder for me to continue to let go of resistance even when I think I'm not resisting. I'm not a big proponent of the completion process. I read her book, watched many videos and tried it many times and it hasn't worked for me but obviously the process has been very successful with many people I believe there are many paths to healing and wholeness, but for me the completion process is not one of them which is okay. I have been working on being more present and mindful throughout the day and letting my emotions wash through me as they arise. The more I do that, the less intrusive thoughts I have. I don't want it to sound like a bit of mindfulness cures true blue OCD. But for the anxiety OCD symptoms that had been bothering me, mindfulness significantly reduced their power in my life. Thanks again!

On 5/30/2017 at 2:10 PM, HolographicLight said:

1) No one always has consistent positive thoughts (it's part of being here on this dimension of contrast - we have good/bad, dark/light, ego/nonego, duality). Do not blame or hinder yourself for these thoughts. Everyone thinks them. It takes someone with ultimate high consciousness to develop a consistent string of positivity (and this is usually only when they've worked through their childhood traumas, fears, etc.). It takes diving into the deep darkness to discover the light. 

2) Work on your thoughts and fears before sending someone energy. You must help yourself before you can help others. It takes true bravery and courage to do the completion process. As Teal explains, do not reject, deny, or supress whatever comes up when your doing this process. You will want to get to the core of why these thoughts come up. Diving into them will help you discover why they're there in the first place. 

3) Do not take the images literally. Rather, take them to be metaphorically. For example: Your child self may want a "re-start" in life and the only way of describing this to you is to show you the image of killing itself. Maybe your setting fire to your safe place is necessary because it is allowing you to feel safe even without depicted boundaries. 

I would say that ignoring the thoughts that come up does damage the potency of your intuition. Trust me, once you start working on your energy body and consciousness, it will show you the shadows of yourself that are begging to be worked with. You can always dive deep into these thoughts to the final extent, and then create birth from the process you endured. Back to the death of the child self, after you have let whatever thoughts transpire regarding it, it is freeing to create new thoughts in place of the aftermath. 

After you feel your are accomlished with the completion process, Teal has a great video she recently just posted on How To Stop Thinking. I think this will help you establish a new regime of thought process. Hope this all helps!  

1 hour ago, Tony P said:

This has helped me so much, thank you! It's a good reminder for me to continue to let go of resistance even when I think I'm not resisting. I'm not a big proponent of the completion process. I read her book, watched many videos and tried it many times and it hasn't worked for me but obviously the process has been very successful with many people I believe there are many paths to healing and wholeness, but for me the completion process is not one of them which is okay. I have been working on being more present and mindful throughout the day and letting my emotions wash through me as they arise. The more I do that, the less intrusive thoughts I have. I don't want it to sound like a bit of mindfulness cures true blue OCD. But for the anxiety OCD symptoms that had been bothering me, mindfulness significantly reduced their power in my life. Thanks again!

You're welcome! Yes, you're on the right path with releasing resistance regarding your habits in relation to the OCD. I think doing so will eventually rid most of the OCD  thoughts. I have Evette Rose's book: Metaphysical Anatomy, and she talks about OCD as being repetitive behaviors that give you mental and emotional relief from stress, in other words, repeating certain behaviors are a distraction from your current emotions. Have you found your OCD to be compensating for something? She states with OCD, you're stuck in "flight mode." Meaning that one needs to feel busy in order to escape thoughts and emotions. 

Whenever I think that I have to do something, and I feel off track about it, I sit down with my emotions and sink into them just like the thoughts. It's surprising because the emotional body is actually more intelligent than the mind. Remember that you always have free will and sovereignty. Even though your OCD may want something from you, you don't always have to give in; especially if your heart is telling you otherwise. Sit with the compulsive thoughts and then ask your emotional body/heart/gut. Are you feeling nauseous in your solar plexus area? If so, it's likely a large indication that the compulsive thoughts you're thinking are invalid and off track from who you really are.

I would even go as far as to play a game with your OCD and emotions. Once OCD thoughts come up, challenge them. Show yourself what would happen if you stopped obliging to them and went with what your body is telling you what feels good. 

I agree with you on there being many many paths to healing and wholeness as well. For me, I found the completion process tricky in sorts, because you really have to make sure you find the root original trauma that occurred (and it's hard because I never seem to remember what exactly happened verbatim). If I don't when I'm attempting to do the process, it's like I'm not actually healing. I'm glad I was able to help you! :)

• Upvote 1