Sabrina B.

Inner Child and Internal Moderator

9 posts in this topic

Inner Child and Internal Moderator

Hy there

I just heard an interview of teal "073 The Completion Process with Teal Swan". On about minute 26, Teal talks about a point where I am at the moment in my life. It's the point, where your inner child refuses to work with you. So the process is not working any more.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nVO0lwS-STA

Teal says it's beacause one's parents made us feel as we were totally wrong, so our inner child refuses to get heald from "being wrong". So the child sits there until we accept who we are. We have created an inner moderator, beacause the rejection of our parents was so hurtfull, that we took over. The internal moderator tries to correct me and thies toma keme better, so noone else has to do it .

She also says that this is really good news, as it is the last breakthrough to self-acceptance.

As I am exactly at that point, it would be so great if you could share your experiences with me. Have you also been in this situation? Is there some other information from teal to this topic?

Thank you all very much in advance :-) <3.

I just listened to that segment in the video. Interesting . 

I think the best approach to one's self would be through learning to understand others . 

I cannot tell how it will go for you from now on, as I am quite at the same place that you are now. But I can still share what I have... From January through March of this year I have had some intense integration and realizations of my motives to escape current feelings. However, now it's just that I am very, very exhausted and lack the inner motivation to do anything, in fact. Suicidal thoughts are not too uncommon when the weight feels too much. It's indeed the place where my ego screams in agony to get away - where it thinks I am not okay as an exhausted, burn out being that I now am. What there is left to do? Well, any time I try to escape uncomfy feelings, I run into a dead end. As long as I will not give in, things won't change. As I am tired of changing.

Rings any bells?

Hello there,

Ive done inner child work and trauma work, which left me with suicidality. However, I believe this process, the Completion, works better. Have you tried using right hand-left hand writing to talk to the child who wont respond? The Moderator is just another aspect of ego, and you may want to accept that is what felt best as a child to let the Moderator intervene

Consider that you are indeed divinely protected and loved no matter what you experienced, and no matter how you tried to cope - ask the Angels for guidance and love, and let them guide you. It is good to remember that while we are working with the unexpressed emotions of childhood, we are still divine beings - remember that always! You are love and you are loved.

I hope this helps...

Much love

As one spiritual master used to say - it WILL pass - but we must trust the process...

• Upvote 1

Good advice, Maari. One thing I might add is that DO NOT try to find new information, if you already know enough. You see what I mean? I have noticed that with my own process, I already have what I need. But the mind just wants to go on trying to find new information, although I have nothing else to do but the process itself. I have already became aware of my coping mechanisms (for example, whenever I feel sad I run to the kitchen to eat something - a very primal instinct from my first years, I'd guess), my cover emotions and emotions appearing in my body. Just be aware of that - it's yet another way to run from discomfort. 

Hey there, thank you very much for your posts and your words and thoughts!
I also got to realize, that it is kind of a gift to be at that point, the point where my inner child doesn't allow myself to wanna change it.
It really is an important step to self acceptance, and I think it's nothing to get over from it. It feels a little bit like the focus of my work is shifting, it starts to make me stronger as a person.
The point of Heidi with always trying to find new information is also really good, really, my inner child refused to attend any other workshop, to let me work on myself with other people. It has changed now, but it has always the energy if you work on yourself, it has to make you feel better, it's not to make anything go  away, self-love is really a big step!

• Upvote 2

I'm so glad you have noticed it yourself! Because then the shift is the most authentic. I have the same thing going on, in a way and now that I reflect back on some of my first CP sessions, they were indeed done to feel better/to change. Not anymore. It's a thing you just need to see for yourself. All the best for you Sabrina! 

Hello @Sabrina B..  I am in the same space.  No more fixing... all my inner children want unconditional acceptance.  What I find interesting is that one of them, my two year old, after feeling accepted, decided that he wanted to feel better and led me through a completion process naturally.

During this time of just holding presence for my children, I found this meditation from Teal very helpful:

• Upvote 1

How are you doing right now? I had this exact issue for like a year now and there is only one trauma for me to heal at this point to solve this problem..., I didn'y have problem with the practical steps of getting to that trauma cause they all worked for me, it's just that there was so much resistance to those traumas, It took me a year to get there.