Sign in to follow this  
Lp15

Why do I attract people that don't do intimate?

5 posts in this topic

Hi everyone, 

Why do I attract people that don't make an effort? For example, where I work I try so hard to be enthusiastic , to care for people's feelings - children and staff (I work at a school). When I walk into work in the morning, some staff don't even acknowledge me although they have seen me.  

This is also happening with my so called friends - I get so excited when it's their birthdays. There is no connection or intimacy. I attract people that can't be intimate. Why is this and how can my need for intimacy be fulfilled. 

Thank you

I wouldn't take it very personally. I think a large majority of people tend to tread water and do things they don't naturally resonate with in order to make the cash the survive. You could be attracting these people because there's a part of you that wants to help them overcome and become happy. Just continue to be a shining, bright example by being yourself!

• Upvote 1

I totally agree with being yourself.   But I think it takes a long time for most people to be comfortable enough to get into the deep stuff. Connection that runs deep takes time even for people who are open to it. 

Dont be that person who goes from zero to insides-on-the-floor in two seconds.  Friendships, trust and connection builds through mutual self-revelation.  And when you find a friend you can really talk to, keep them in your life!

• Like 1
  • Upvote 2

After thinking about this- I think i'm wanting to be acknowledged by people. The people at my work wont acknowledge me because they wouldve done so by now. I need to take a backseat there because i cant control the amount they like me. If they dont appreciate me then i should stop saying helo and being ignored and focus my energies elsewhere. 

On 5/24/2017 at 11:19 AM, Lp15 said:

Hi everyone, 

Why do I attract people that don't make an effort? For example, where I work I try so hard to be enthusiastic , to care for people's feelings - children and staff (I work at a school). When I walk into work in the morning, some staff don't even acknowledge me although they have seen me.  

This is also happening with my so called friends - I get so excited when it's their birthdays. There is no connection or intimacy. I attract people that can't be intimate. Why is this and how can my need for intimacy be fulfilled. 

Thank you

The highest level is for you to be the best you you can be by pursuing your life purpose and missions, and the girl comes along the way. Nothing ever fits like a glove - we are not living in paradise.