Sign in to follow this  
Leigh B

How to monetise the life I love and leave the life I hate?

2 posts in this topic

How to monetise the life I love and leave the life I hate?

I hate my job.

I love riding my bike around town in public.

Spectators love it too. It's like a little show I put on with stunts I do.

Is it possible to leave my job and make money to pay the bills so I can ride more?

There is such a thing as a "busker" which means street performer. They put on shows for tourists and locals in large squares in major cities.  If they can draw a crowd then they can make money by donations.  I don't think they make a lot.  I think they scrape by.  

Buskers / street performers need to have a license to work and need to find somewhere with enough space and a lot of foot traffic.  Cities probably have designated spaces.

I think a lot of the people who try out for the "...'s Got Talent" shows (like America's Got Talent)  are street performers who really don't want to be street performers anymore.

I knew I guy in high school.  A few years later, I saw him working as a street performer.  He had an older street performer helping as a mentor.  Now, many years later he is working as a manager somewhere and has a wife and kids.  Im sure it must have been fun for a few years, but I doubt he would have been able to support a family.

Edited by Scot
  • Upvote 1