Jo Elizabeth Roberts

The Safe Place And The Completion Process

5 posts in this topic

The Safe Place And The Completion Process

Hello. I am ready to begin the completion process and have the book. I have recorded the visualisation which is step one of the completion process but am a bit confused about the specificity of the movement from step one to step two.

Okay, here is the issue: the book states "At this point, you may proceed to the next part of the completion process, step 2. Or if you would rather just return immediately to full consciousness, then proceed through the next two paragraphs of your visualisation".

I am confused by this. Clearly I would have to return to full consciousness in order to continue reading the book and move on to step 2, no? And then continue reading. Or am I meant to memorise all 18 steps of the process? I'm pretty confused by this. Can anyone clarify? I'm highly unlikely to remember every last detail of 53 pages of a book, so clearly I would have to return to consciousness in order to read the book... That being said, what is the relevance of the safe place at the start of the process, and am I meant to leave the visualisation before commencing to step two? Some help would be greatly appreciated, many thanks.

Whether you do "shadow work" or "the Completion Process", it seems like they both are trying to do the same thing: uncover and resolve what is going on in your subconscious.

Our subconscious seems to deal with images and metaphors.  That is why dreams are so weird.  So if our subconscious minds work in images and metaphors then it makes a fair amount of sense to use images and metaphors to talk to it. 

On the other hand, I don't really go for all that imagery. But if the imagery helps you get somewhere, go for it!

Maybe there is a "proper" way to do house keeping in the subconscious.  But frankly, we are all different in just about every other measure, so why should we all necessarily need to follow exactly the same Process?   

Overall, it just seems like a good idea to do something about those parts of ourselves that we don't realize are there.

I'm not instructing you to do this but consider reading all the steps first to have a general idea and guideline in mind. Generally speaking the steps are meant to encourage self discovery and should have a unique twist to each unique person's experience. I cannot specifically guide you but read them first and understand the concept of what you want to do and ease yourself through the motion to discover yourself within. The harder you focus, the more resistance you'll have in moving through your steps, theyre meant to flow like water and encourage new experiences. Good luck!

I agree with Daemic - better to have a general feeling of the process first. As every trauma integration is different, sometimes steps fly on easily and sometimes they need more time. I would not encourage to skip steps that much, but sometimes you go with the feeling and not with the rational step-by-step method. One thing would be good to simply watch videos/listen to workshops where Teal guides people through the process to get the idea. Best of luck!