Lea Marie

Scared of moving into spirituality

6 posts in this topic

I'm 17 and my family, friends and peers are not really into spirituality at all. They would never believe the things that I believe in and therefore I feel like I am always denying an aspect of myself around them. 

It's like a trap where one part of me wants to be loved and validated by all of them and the other one really wants to move more in the direction of spiritual enlightenment.

So in fact it feels like if I chose spirituality I will be alone for a long time with no support. It also feels like I'm losing an aspect of myself if I start to move more into spirituality which sounds weird because I know that spirituality is about  becoming whole again. 

I would love to hear your opinion about this and if anyone can maybe relate to this. 

When I started to embody my true self, I did lost all my friends and I was really alone. I couldn't talk of spirituality with my family because what I said was being used against me. It was a really hard path but so rewarding.

Now, when I see my family, I just don't talk about some subjects. I just know what they can't accept or hear and that's ok.

I think at some point, being your true self is just so much more important that anything else. The fact that your family and friends give you this reflection of yourself is just showing you what you have to work on.

From my point of view it's not so much choosing spirituality but just choosing to follow your joy :) Never forget that you always have the support you need when you need it, even if you can't see it already.

• Upvote 1

Are you afraid of eating foods that maybe others don't like? Probably no. So it's the same here. You can just do it for yourself . Like a new hobby . And if people are curious or interested in what you're learning then just explain - i think it would be a great start for a conversation.

On 11-5-2017 at 10:18 AM, Lea Marie said:

I'm 17 and my family, friends and peers are not really into spirituality at all. They would never believe the things that I believe in and therefore I feel like I am always denying an aspect of myself around them. 

It's like a trap where one part of me wants to be loved and validated by all of them and the other one really wants to move more in the direction of spiritual enlightenment.

So in fact it feels like if I chose spirituality I will be alone for a long time with no support. It also feels like I'm losing an aspect of myself if I start to move more into spirituality which sounds weird because I know that spirituality is about  becoming whole again. 

I would love to hear your opinion about this and if anyone can maybe relate to this. 

I kindof always say that I believe in souls or that science says that everything is made up of energy. Many people agree with those statements and logically it opens many to doors, even to spirituality. In that way I am suggesting that I am interested in spirituality and open to it. It allows me to not dive headfirst into a heated debate about science and spirituality, which I think will ultimately boil down to what you believe in. Also, many things that Teal teaches have a solid basis in psychology, so that is always a good excuse :)

Hi Lea Marie!

I agree with all the other member's comments as fantastic solutions to your situation. One thing that I've learned in my spiritual awakening that may help you is that I learned to never deny my own expansion and spiritual gifts for the sake of others who do not support it, or are confused by it. Because when I do, I instantly know that I'm not living in alignment to my higher self. If source/God is always seeking expansion through you, then you are doing what you do best! You do not have to explain yourself if you don't want to. You can love them and love yourself at the same time too. Just make sure to prioritize your life first to become strong with who you are, then if you desire, you can assist others in getting to the space where they need to be. Hope this helps! Love & light <3

• Upvote 1

On 5/11/2017 at 4:18 AM, Lea Marie said:

The way I approach spirtuality is that it's the only thing there is. If people don't like it, well that sucks for them- I'm going to pursue truth.