laurenkidd

Bad breath - Need advice!!

9 posts in this topic

Bad breath - Need advice!!

Hello folks!! It's been years since I'm suffering from bad breath.  

I have a good oral health, brush twice a day, flossing and tongue scraping once a day. But all that was of no use. I still suffer from bad breath and I don't know how to deal with it. Because of this, I'm very much conscious while talking to others. I keep a distance from people and also have a chewing gum before meeting anyone.

I have done an extensive research on this condition. So I'm planning to consider dental hygiene services in Toronto. Any advice is highly appreciated. I'm wondering if anyone has gone through a similar situation. If so, I would like to hear your experience. Thanks!!

Edited by laurenkidd

Hi !

You can try to use essential oils like tea tree, it can be really helpful !

How to Use Tea Tree to Remedy Bad Breath

Tea tree can be very effective at reducing bad breath and the easiest ways to add it to your oral hygiene routine include:

1. Using a toothpaste that contains tea tree.
  2. Adding a few drops of tea tree oil to your regular toothpaste once it’s on your toothbrush.
  3. Use an oral cleansing product that contains tea tree.

It needs to be mentioned that if you’re totally ignoring your oral health, a few drops of tea tree oil isn’t going to make everything dandy. Practicing complete, proper oral hygiene by brushing your teeth and tongue at least twice a day is a must, as is daily flossing. Since bad breath can, largely, be the product of an unclean mouth, a comprehensive approach to cleaning your mouth is what you need to shoot for to help alleviate the situation. Tea tree is another useful tool to add to your regimen.

I studied Ayurveda for many years. If you are interested in that perspective, it is definitely a digestive issue. Especially if you wake up with white coating on your tongue, it means there are undigested toxins. If you wanted to try that perspective, do not do oil pulling, you need good digestion for that or any oil treatment- which could actually make the issue worse. Imagine tossing heavy gallons of oil on a tiny flame of a fire, you may think it would ignite, but no it will put it out completely. The fire is your digestive power-agni- which is currently low. Best advice I can give you without you seeing a practitionter- which is ideal for long-term treatment is to 1. drink and eat foods that are cooked and warm only (or pre-boiled water at room temp) 2. Do not snack and wait until you are hungry to eat- do not eat by the clock, or late at night 3. don't overdo water- common health myth- drink to your thirst. These steps are harder to do than one might think, I know as a former raw vegan. Good luck to you

Edited by urbanmystic
expanding on idea

Question, is it something you and other people can smell, because collectively we have a big fear of bad breath. Adam Ruins Everything actually did an episode on this and Listerine exploited a generation's fear for profits (Adam Ruins Everything - How Listerine Created Bad Breath). I know people are terrified of having bad breath, and if you do have a chronic detectable odor problem with you breath you should consult your doctor and try to find the energetic root to the condition, but so many people's fears relating to bad breath are from a passed down belief that Listerine created generations ago to make money.

I used to have an issue like this when I was about 15. I asked my dentist about tasting bad breath in the back of my mouth. He said the same thing almost everyone else here did. It's most likely coming from the stomach. Pay attention to the foods you are eating. Try to eat a cleaner diet. Try to detox more too. Maybe drink more water if nothing else.