ninedal

Confused about having rhinoplasty

2 posts in this topic

Confused about having rhinoplasty

Hi, I am a twenty-two year old from Canada. I have got a crooked nose. I am thinking about getting it fixed before my marriage.

Is this treatment expensive? I have inquired about nose job cost ( http://www.droakleysmithrhinoplasty.com/rhinoplasty-costs/ ) in Toronto and found it affordable. Is there anybody over here who has tried rhinoplasty? How was the experience? Please give some genuine replies and suggestions. Thanks in advance.

I would recommend searching for rhinoplasty reviews of people who have had the doctor you are interested in performing the surgery to get a better idea of what it's like (Google "rhinoplasty reviews Dr. Oakley Smith Toronto". A consultation might give you a better idea of what to expect as well as have some of your questions answered by a professional.  I haven't had rhinoplasty but if it is something that you think will improve your quality of life or make you more confident in your appearance then I would say go for it. You mentioned that you want it done before marriage. I think it's important that you are making this decision for you, out of self-love. There is nothing wrong with having a crooked nose but if you would like to change it and have the opportunity, then it is entirely up to you to decide what is best for you.

If you have the surgery before your wedding (I am assuming you are having a wedding, but it's just my assumption, it is fine if you are not) make sure to give yourself enough recovery time before the wedding. After many surgeries, most notably facial surgeries, the area around the incisions can look bruised and may swell quite a bit so your face will probably be pretty swollen after surgery which is normal-- but maybe not what you had in mind for wedding pictures. Your first consultation may be over the phone so you can explain your situation to the doctor's office and they can give you the best information on timing and recovery and the like. Hope this helps, best of luck to you!

• Upvote 1