Violet Dove

Sarbdeeop Swan

6 posts in this topic

OK, I really have to take issue here. Why is it that every time I read in these forums that a person a is dealing with psychological/emotional/spiritual problems,it come down "they have unresolved issues from their childhood." Really?,will the psychologist in the room please stand up! Where does everyone get this from? Tell me that everyone here is so "enlightened" that they are able to diagnosis a person's problems. Saying something like that is not only misleading, but it is an unfair to them and categorises them in a negative light. I thought this place was for building up people's spirits not tearing them down.     

Honestly,I would not even consider putting my issues out here. I resent the fact that people here play "junior" psychologists and try to analyze everyone's problems. 

• Upvote 2

On 7 May 2017 at 4:44 AM, Sheamus said:

OK, I really have to take issue here. Why is it that every time I read in these forums that a person a is dealing with psychological/emotional/spiritual problems,it come down "they have unresolved issues from their childhood." Really?,will the psychologist in the room please stand up! Where does everyone get this from? Tell me that everyone here is so "enlightened" that they are able to diagnosis a person's problems. Saying something like that is not only misleading, but it is an unfair to them and categorises them in a negative light. I thought this place was for building up people's spirits not tearing them down.     

Honestly,I would not even consider putting my issues out here. I resent the fact that people here play "junior" psychologists and try to analyze everyone's problems. 

Hey @Sheamus this has the psychologist already standing whom I have quoted. or soapbox - but very worth listening to. So thankyou. You are correct in thinking this of course; becomes a little bit of a social One-upsmanship. But hard to guess some people's emotional maturity until they type back... (see above)... Sarbdeep must be turning in his social grave...
When I say comments, I try to link back into Teal's teachings where possible so that whoever is taking on the comment can do their own research and come to their own conclusions.  Sadly, the amateur Ego in us likes to have the thought that we can help other people - which we can - but the unspoken danger is, as you point out, that there may be some who take others words without thought. The diagnosis of the 'doctor' is to be swallowed with some questioning of how it fits with each person when they take the psychology pill that's offered. And one has to make sure one has a big enough glass of water; remembering to spend a few minutes first, to infuse the water with loving vibrations before attempting to swallow.

Light and Truth
crystal Rob