Mind's Eye

My experience with cancer

80 posts in this topic

So the last six months have been pretty crazy. A few people on here already know, but for those that don't; on January 26th I was taken to a major hospital by life-flight. I had a liter of fluid on each lung and on my heart. This was caused by a softball sized tumor that was attached to my left lung and had gone through my diaphragm.  it had my heart, aorta, and esophagus pushed over four inches to the right. I only had 12 to 24 hours left according to the surgeons. After five days in cardiac ICU and a month in the hospital I was finally able to come home. After two weeks I started my second round of chemo in May I finished my last round and I am now cancer free.  Here is view on everything.

Source is love and love is the most important thing there is.

Don't take anything for granted. Give yourself credit for everything. No matter how small it may seam.

You can't achieve perfection. There is always something new to learn.

• Upvote 8

My friend  found out she has a tumor. She's been seeing dreams with her deceased relatives. Have you had dreams like that? 

She told me before her grandmother died, she saw her in her dream. 

My friend and i are very connected. 

Last year her Dad had a heart attack. And for some reason i was the one who saw that coming. What was interesting that i woke up at night that day knowing that someone was in our bedroom. And i just asked it to go back. Then later she texted me from the hospital crying. 

The tumor that she has now is not getting worse. But also not going anywhere. She is also very closed about. Basically she just wants to focus on positive side of her life (family,hobbies).

From your experience, Jon, where was your main focus? Also what was the most helpful thing for you emotionally from your family and friends?

• Upvote 1

Were you conscious/aware when taken to the hospital with 12-24 hours to live? If you were told that, what were your thoughts, feelings and experience? What was that like? 

• Upvote 1

@Garnet sorry to hear about your friend. May she be blessed.

I was so high on opioids at the beginning I didn't know which way was up. I have learned that my body reacts very poorly to those types of medicines. Scary trips. I did however feel the presence of both my grandfathers.

When I was told that I had cancer it made me angry. I saw it as an enemy that had to defeat, so that was and still is my focus. I still have to do radiation treatments.

What helped me the most emotionally was people just being there for me and being on my side. There few times that my mom was negative about things but when I am told I can't do something that just makes me go after what I want even more.

@boxofrain I was awake when I taken to OR. I didn't find out that I was that close till much later. Thank God. I felt scared, shocked, and victorious . I had stared death in the face and told him to piss off. I wasn't done living yet. lol

• Upvote 4

Thank you @Ana

Yes, i do know and for the most part she does too. 

The tumor is in her womb... she keeps going through x-rays to monitor it. And that is what scares me. Plus to get her on Skype is a pain since we live in different parts of the world.

So, yes, any information is very helpful and appreciate that))

Haha I thought the whole post was for Garnet. I was so quick to dismiss it that I didn't even see it. Thank you for the love. I appreciate it. I will look at that video. I have not seen it.

• Upvote 1

Ok Jon,

You have been located on google earth, target locked, high intensity shots fired for long term duration.

Stand-by for incoming.

love, health, and happiness friend.

Jack

Namaste

• Upvote 1

Congratulations on "it went very well." I had my tattoos traced over with titanium white, under a black light they really pop. You may not want that much attention brought

to them, I only did it because my son was needing the practice, ( he has learned to do tattoo work,but not for income), so my two tattoos were free to me, except I had to buy the ink.¬¬

Edited by JiantDwarph
  • Upvote 2