MagdalenaRO

Need advice on Roles changing between the adult and the child

6 posts in this topic

Need advice on Roles changing between the adult and the child

Hello, friends!

I need your opinion about a process I went thru this morning. I do completion process from several months but this one was a little bit strange.

I started with a feeling of irritation and resistance felt when my mother is around. Going deeper I realized it was an emotion of hate and repulsion because I was somehow dependent on her. This dependence make me feel to hate and needing to reject her while knowing I need her for some unclear reason. A word just came obsessively into my mind: cold, cold. Simultaneous the pattern becomes so obvious: all my relationships as an adult was exactly the same!!

Following this feeling an image arises: I was in a dark space, floating. I could not see myself, just a shining indigo light and I knew it was me. I was struggling with something. I could hear myself crying: “I will freeze!!! Why It is so hard to make the exchange?!!” I then observed an interesting scene: the indigo light, who was the baby, was struggling to penetrate with her rays the wall of the dark room (which I noticed it was the womb) but could not succeed because the light was rejected, reflecting back to her and in the moment was reaching her, would petrify her. I could feel the desperation of the child trying not to freeze and petrify. I went into this vision with my adult perspective, knowing that if I wouldn’t do something, I, as an adult, will never change. It seems like it was once in a lifetime chance to do something. I asked the child who does she need to help her and the answer was: “my water brothers”. I did not know who were these water brothers but in the next moment I see other indigo light rays was just near the child, surrounding and helping her. Instantaneous the indigo and very shinning blue light was very easy penetrating the walls in upside direction (thru the cellar), like a water spring, and returning to the child from the bottom (the floor). All this scene was so relaxing and joyous!!! I could feel the child was so empowered, so liquid and fresh!!!

I was ready to end the process asking the child if she wants to stay or to go, but in that moment the weirdest thing happened, and confused me, because it was out of procedure J:  the child waved her hands so happy, telling me that now I can go and everything will be ok! I just sat there, as an adult, not knowing what to do! The roles have been reversed! The child was comforting me! She was so sure of herself, so confident and so happy determined, that I remained speechless! So, I decided just to leave… with this image in my mind: my child self is so strong!!

Still I would like to hear an opinion of somebody who has experience in Completion process because Teal never mentioned such a hypothesis of roles changing.

Thank you!!!  

With love, Magdalena!

You mentioned in the beginning that the feeling of hate was connected with a sense of dependency. So her helping your adult self is the way the inner child met her need of feeling empowerment.

• Upvote 1

It sounds like your inner child is happy to accept dependency upon your mother but your outer adult is not.

I think your outer adult wants to stand solitary and without dependencies.  (Never going to completely happen, or so we are told)

do you think your mother babies you?  Maybe your outer adult wants to be treated like an adult?

• Downvote 1

On 5/4/2017 at 2:31 PM, Diana Luna said:

You mentioned in the beginning that the feeling of hate was connected with a sense of dependency. So her helping your adult self is the way the inner child met her need of feeling empowerment.

Thank you, Diana Luna! I feel the same way! 

On 5/6/2017 at 1:09 PM, Scot said:

It sounds like your inner child is happy to accept dependency upon your mother but your outer adult is not.

I think your outer adult wants to stand solitary and without dependencies.  (Never going to completely happen, or so we are told)

do you think your mother babies you?  Maybe your outer adult wants to be treated like an adult?

Thanks for answer, Scot! 

No, my mother became so dependent on me in the last 10 years, because she got sick! And never was the type who cuddle or babies me! On the contrary, she was the cold and authoritarian kind because she was a single mother. And because of her dependency on me I feel so overwhelmed now! I think  she felt the same raising me and my sister all alone...

On 5/2/2017 at 7:01 AM, walt said:

Sounds like you have had a shift or movement forward. Instead of analyzing it to death why not hold space for your next adventure?

Thanks for answering, Walt!

I hope that was a shift, too!  I give a lot of space for adventure but also want to uderstand the message. This is the first process, in a row of 10-15, wich left me with a sense of "what a heck?!"  :)))