Redbeard

Spiritual Awakening?

4 posts in this topic

Hello lovely people,

I have a question on spiritual awakening: what is it exactly?
It is a term that is used quite frequently but I recently realized that I never quite grasped its true meaning. In fact maybe each of you has a different interpretation as well and if so, I am curious to hear your thoughts.
What I believe so far is that when you wake up, you realize the existence of both your higher and temporal self and armed with this knowlegde you cannot but live your life more in conjunction with your true self, like living a purposeful and loving life without a very loud-mouthed ego. Seen in this way, I suppose that the awakening is the moment of realization.
While breaking free of your rat cage will make you live a more purposeful live according to the wishes of your higher self, but it doesn't say anything about the ego. Is a kundalini awakening the same awakening?
Obviously the next question is: how do you wake up? I suppose there is no golden recipe for this so I am merely curious about your thoughts, or even better: your own stories. I guess most people following the spiritual path would be thrilled to have an awakening, but can we reach it if we work with that goal in mind? Wouldn't the law of attraction, attract the starting point for our quest, namely the lack of an awakening: "I am working so hard to wake up, because I am not right now."??
Have a good week

Edited by Redbeard
  • Upvote 2

1 hour ago, Redbeard said:

?
Obviously the next question is: how do you wake up? I suppose there is no golden recipe for this so I am merely curious about your thoughts, or even better: your own stories.

For me waking up to something is usually comes from realizing that something isn't right. It is similar when you sleep and see a dream but you don't know you are in a dream untill something really-really unreal happens. Or a glitch that catches your attention .  It takes practice to learn lucid dreaming but the more often you recognize the signs of a dream the more your consciousness connects with the dream consciousness untill they line up together and become One and the Same.

• Upvote 1

10 hours ago, Garnet said:

For me waking up to something is usually comes from realizing that something isn't right. It is similar when you sleep and see a dream but you don't know you are in a dream untill something really-really unreal happens. Or a glitch that catches your attention .  It takes practice to learn lucid dreaming but the more often you recognize the signs of a dream the more your consciousness connects with the dream consciousness untill they line up together and become One and the Same.

That sounds pretty awesome! So if I understand it correctly you have recognized the truth in spiritual teaching and thus awakening through (lucid) dreaming. I was thinking about how ayahuasca or near death experiences would have the same effect, but didn't think about lucid dreaming yet. Pretty cool!
There have been talks about mass-awakenings what do you think they are about and what causes them?

@Redbeard I am not there yet. Haha

On 4/30/2017 at 5:19 AM, Redbeard said:

There have been talks about mass-awakenings what do you think they are about and what causes them?

I think that mass-awakening has a lot to do with each person's awareness about their own actions and words. We focus a lot here on our personal thoughts and feelings but do we translate it into our day-to-day life? when a person starts to recognize that everything he does/says to others affects not just 1-2 people then he begins to see that this is an unstoppable chain of reactions.