Spinning Whilst Meditating

7 posts in this topic

So, I have felt this multiple times now. I meditate for atleast 15 minutes every single day, and manage to find a state of transcendence very easily. However, whilst I feel very detached from my thoughts, I have quick sensations that make me feel like I am spinning within my own body...what the hell is going on? 

On 29-4-2017 at 7:35 PM, Matt16 said:

So, I have felt this multiple times now. I meditate for atleast 15 minutes every single day, and manage to find a state of transcendence very easily. However, whilst I feel very detached from my thoughts, I have quick sensations that make me feel like I am spinning within my own body...what the hell is going on? 

I am not sure if my situation is comparable but I sometimes feel my arms and legs floating at least half a meter above my body or twisted in a totally weird angle while i know that that is not happening and I am lying perfectly still on my bed. I don't know why it happens but it happens so I choose to surf the waves of this weird phenomenon with admiration and awe. Cause face it, it is an experience that doesn't happen often so better react with awe to it than fear, as that can only spirl into more fear.

Maybe you can try different meditation techniques if it persist, like a walking meditation, lie down, use music, chanting or keep your eyes open.I sometimes use the guided meditations from the Monroe Institute. They bring me very fast in a deep meditative state.

23 hours ago, Redbeard said:

I am not sure if my situation is comparable but I sometimes feel my arms and legs floating at least half a meter above my body or twisted in a totally weird angle while i know that that is not happening andI am lying perfectly still on my bed. I don't know why it happens but it happens so I choose to surf the waves of this weird phenomenon with admiration and awe. Cause face it, it is an experience that doesn't happen often so better react with awe to it than fear, as that can only spirl into more fear.

Maybe you can try different meditation techniques if it persist, like a walking meditation, lie down, use music, chanting or keep your eyes open.I sometimes use the guided meditations from the Monroe Institute. They bring me very fast in a deep meditative state.

Thanks for the reply bro! I actually quite enjoy it lol! I'm just wondering if it compares to the 'vibrational stage' of an OBE. I do also experience my body floating, but yes like you said...its best to just surf the waves. I do want to try walking meditations, and also dynamic meditations...I find listening to music quite distracting when it comes to meditation, but it works for some people! I'll check out the Monroe Institute. Thanks dude!

Within the Islamic tradition the sufi practice whirling or spinning while singing or chanting in meditation as a form of prayer. They are called Whirling Dervishes.

On 01/05/2017 at 8:33 PM, Matt16 said:

Thanks for the reply bro! I actually quite enjoy it lol! I'm just wondering if it compares to the 'vibrational stage' of an OBE. I do also experience my body floating, but yes like you said...its best to just surf the waves. I do want to try walking meditations, and also dynamic meditations...I find listening to music quite distracting when it comes to meditation, but it works for some people! I'll check out the Monroe Institute. Thanks dude!

Spinning/disorientation sensations are very common with OBE splits. They seem to come after the vibrational stage (which can be so subtle so as to not even be perceptible, for some). I would personally say that spinning sensations are right at the doorstep of a full OBE.

On 2 May 2017 at 10:30 PM, Kroge said:

Spinning/disorientation sensations are very common with OBE splits. They seem to come after the vibrational stage (which can be so subtle so as to not even be perceptible, for some). I would personally say that spinning sensations are right at the doorstep of a full OBE.

Thanks for the reply bro! For sure..I want to try OBE instead of meditating. It feels amazing and I'm wondering if the best way for me to astral project is through meditating..

On 4/29/2017 at 1:35 PM, Matt16 said:

If it scares you, go easy. I sometimes get dizzy feelings, but I'm not exactly sure in your case. All types of cool things happen while meditating.