insightfuldreamer

Finding approval for being financially dependent

7 posts in this topic

Hi, I'm financially dependent on others too (my parents). The only positive aspect I see is that it helped me to live and to have time to heal emotional wounds. But it's becoming more and more poisonous for me and the money does not taste good anymore... I'm actually trying to find a REAL solution to become independent but it's kind of hard because I can't earn money with my passion yet because I need to study more ...

On 4/22/2017 at 8:21 AM, insightfuldreamer said:

Hi everyone,

I am currently dependent on others financially. What are some positive aspects of this? How is this a good thing/beneficial? 

I think we often think that once i am independent i can have this, this and that. Not always :D

So... what you think you don't have you might not going to have later either! Relax!

On 09.05.2017 at 10:08 PM, heloiseviola said:

Hi, I'm financially dependent on others too (my parents). The only positive aspect I see is that it helped me to live and to have time to heal emotional wounds.

Maybe this is your way of keeping connection with your parents, and with other people you're dependant on financially. Does it feel like you would lose their attention if you didn't have this issue, that had to include them? 

Actually, if I wasn't financially dependent on my parents, I probably wouldn't see them anymore (or very rarely.) It's more their way of keeping in touch with me because if I was independent, they would loose their role and they know I will be out of touch.

A few days ago, I said to my mother I would understand if she stopped giving me money and that I'll be able to follow my dreams and that I'll never give up no matter what. So that way I feel I've already made a step towards independence.

Edited by heloiseviola

On 4/22/2017 at 8:21 AM, insightfuldreamer said:

Hi everyone,

I am currently dependent on others financially. What are some positive aspects of this? How is this a good thing/beneficial? 

Save some money, enjoy the luxuries of being pampered before you have to "grow up" (as they say), it's simply part of the generations crap until Messiah comes.