Aaron

How do I know if I am unconditionally loving?

8 posts in this topic

How do I know if I am unconditionally loving?

Hi all,

In a recent post I titled “Alternatives To The Law Of Attraction”, I wrote… ‘I try, as many do, to practice unconditional love. And I feel like I can do it with a fair amount of consistency in that I feel some connection with everyone and everything, and I truly love and appreciate myself as being a wonderful person, as I do "others”’.

In that post, I state, “I would like to discuss alternatives to the law of attraction.” But I would also like to know, how an individual can know if they are unconditionally loving. I mean, I know that I have compassion for everyone, including those who don’t seem to feel the same towards me. I know that I strive to understand things from others point of view, and consider “other” to be an illusion. And I know that I genuinely like being me, in that there is no one else I’d rather be.

But how does one know if they are unconditionally loving? For most of us that try to practice unconditional love, our ego is at least somewhat attached to success even in this non-ego based practice. But if we think we have succeeded before we truly have, then we run the risk of not pursuing it further, before we have actually attained what we were after. In this case, being unconditionally loving, an awakened state of mind.

I have heard in Teal’s videos that our emotions are our compass. And I do feel happiness. I feel it even now as I face issues that I could view as very sad, or could be a source of anger or fear. Indeed, it seems the world is in a perpetual state of chaos in which no one is safe. We could all be wiped from the earth in nuclear war at any moment, or some personal threat, but somehow I feel perfectly safe having accepted the idea I am not my body, and death is an illusion, as is the idea of “others”. At least, much of the time I can do this. (I certainly have not gotten perfect at it.)

Does this mean that I have reached the state of being unconditionally loving to myself and others? My ego likes to think so. But that aspect of me that seeks spiritual growth does not, for it wants to keep seeking. Hearing the thought, “You have arrived!” is not satisfactory to me, especially as I don’t feel like I’ve done anything that extraordinary, nor do I feel continual bliss. Life indeed still seems challenging, especially when sometimes despite your best efforts to be kind to everyone, someone still thinks negatively towards me, or something I did. Oh well, time to practice more unconditional love.

But am I truly practicing unconditional love? I am aware of growth in myself, and I am thankful to Teal for being the catalyst for a lot of it. I resonate a lot with her teachings, and through the forum, do my best help others understand them. This I feel, as much as anything, is an act of unconditional love for I do not know who is reading what I wrote, only that I sincerely wish to be of help to them.

So, again, how does one know if they are being unconditionally loving towards themselves and others? How would one know the difference between this, and simply being a compassionate person who genuinely likes themselves and sees themselves in others? Is there a difference?

In Teal swans video on “Unconditional Love”, linked to below, she states that “If you are the one who controls how you feel by controlling what you focus on about another person, then your emotional state is no longer dependent on what that person does or does not do. Your love, which is positive focus towards them is not conditioned upon something that they are doing. This is the most important step when it comes to learning how to unconditionally love.” I’m aware that I’m not perfect at this, but I think I manage to do it most of the time.

So is that it? Or what is the indication that there is a lot more to do? I see a lot of suffering in the world and think that must mean there is a lot of suffering in me too. That I have just not uncovered that part of me yet. Perhaps none of us are truly and completely unconditionally loving until everyone is, and that is certainly not the case yet. But how does one access those parts of themselves that are yet to be awakened then? Is it though finding more ways to be helpful to “others”?

I used to be very attached to the idea of being a “good” person and doing “good” things. Now, not so much. I see good and bad, right and wrong, as just judgements that we use, all too often to create a sense of separation between us. My ego thinks that if I was truly unconditionally loving, I would spend my days working at a soup kitchen helping the poor. And indeed, that is the expression of unconditional love for some wonderful people. For me, my highest joy, is just being home with my cats, loving them like there was nothing more important for me to do in the world than that. Our four cats certainly seem to like that idea. :-)

Unconditional Love (How to Love Unconditionally) - Teal Swan
https://youtu.be/n-17-pXauLE

I wish everyone the best! - Aaron

• Upvote 1

8 minutes ago, Aaron said:

Oh well, time to practice more unconditional love.

Haha....I agree!

I remember the sacrifice of Jesus. Very difficult path really

I think, we can call ourselves unconditionally loving if we love our enemies. 

• Upvote 1

I tried to do it but i took more nails and my bleeding was their laughter and my pain was their happiness-jesus might have said that in his mind

oh man you diving deep with this question. We got cats to and even to look at them how they behaving sometimes there are conditions, they are OK to do something but if conditions will not suits them you wouldn't see that unconditional love. People? You can find an algorithm within your self you love someone unconditionally, but guess what, people from side will points you dozen conditions why you love. When you do something for someone is there any hidden strings attached, expectations , validations ? So what is Condition? If we are looking to the puzzle board from a distance there joints will be blurred and in real life people see puzzle sizes and lines they see not the same as we see. Other day I told to some one about that drinking bear and smoking is not good for him, but that person probably would be experienced more unconditional love if I would give to him an extra can of bear. Is unconditional love is to care about someone as your self? But in many cases things good to me is worthless to others. In my mind if there is unconditional love than in 5th or 6th dimensions only.   

I have this love perspective and am also human that has to live in this world, but because I am everyone and I love to heal layers in myself I can see that in other people and I'm like oh they're at that stage and I have to leave them there. the problem with subjective truth and subjective versions of love is its subjective, and there is objective truth and objective love, which is source. I think most people don't know what love is because they don't love themselves because they are the whole thing. this earth reality is a small part of who we are and us as a whole are not in objective truth, we still have religion and anyone in that religion box will see me from their subjective truth going you cant know, but its really no big deal to know. I have to respect people where they are, but love myself more than people hate themselves because if you hate another race or group of people I hate to say but you hate yourself. Too many people stuck in ideologies that will get them killed or justify why they kill, love is very foreign to this planet I don't care if I hear people say I love you, they are using just the words, if you don't love you its not love, its their version of love because you are 1 aspect of the whole, yes source is love, but you can also be disconnected from love and that's how people are able to be "evil". To me love is a big deal and the words alone mean nothing, like if you love yourself you would feed your body the best food, you would listen to your higher self, you would listen to the mirror outside of you that's giving you a different perspective. your heart is unconditional love (source energy), accept someone no matter what, not because its the right thing to say but they are at their level of evolution and currently in subjective truth, and earth is messy as fuck, man its all over the place, but I'm still human and have to respect my boundaries, love myself enough to know that my perspective will come with resistance when I express fully, but its just this tiny tiny aspect of everyone weather people know that or not, we are only talking to ourselves, but even other aspects of ourselves in this human experience are still in subjective love, and that my friend sucks... but eventually we will all get there, the heart, and every human has love in them, its just the ego wins in this illusion of separation :( Unconditional love is source/God/love and whatever other word. I do get offended when people say they love and eat animals, I'm like you can keep it lol, I don't want to hear your justification why you eat them because of your blood type or whatever information you have, plants don't feel pain, that's the difference, yeah their soul choose that experience, I don't care, being murdered isn't fun. but they are at their level of evolution and consciousness, so I have to shut my mouth, but I don't like it in my perspective that I currently have. free will, people can do whatever they want.

On 21/04/2017 at 0:51 AM, vincent said:

Other day I told to some one about that drinking bear and smoking is not good for him, but that person probably would be experienced more unconditional love if I would give to him an extra can of bear. Is unconditional love is to care about someone as your self? But in many cases things good to me is worthless to others. In my mind if there is unconditional love than in 5th or 6th dimensions only.   

Lol

Alex, he must be loving his beer and cigarettes. He could be follower of Teal to love everything that is in existence. Next time i would request you to join him please 

2 hours ago, MarleneMir said:

We will do whatever they need and never get angry if they did any wrong.

Hi all, I appreciate everyone’s reply. While I am no expert on unconditional love, I think it is easy to confuse it with unconditional relationships and other behaviors that are less than healthy, and perhaps not even humanly possible. I think unconditional love is a healthy and carrying emotion towards oneself and others in recognition that we are all expressions of source, and therefor can not truly do anything “wrong.” That said, I don’t think unconditional love means that we subject ourselves to abuse or never have a negative feeling. Unconditional love exists not despite our flaws, but because of our flaws. Being awakened to our true nature does not mean that we suddenly become "perfect", but rather that we become aware that we are, and everyone else is too, wonderful as-is. - Aaron

Personal Boundaries vs. Oneness (How to Develop Healthy Boundaries) - Teal Swan
https://youtu.be/hnKU-hL2Uag