Totoro

Is drunk talk, your suppressed emotions?

4 posts in this topic

Ive never drank alcohol before but tried it for the first time yesterday, got drunk, and was surprised because after a tough emotional month in march, I made it out the other end, but then when drunk suddenly I was crying loads about this issue in my life of feeling lack of love and how important love is, and how much I care about people but sad that people like my family don't love me 

Does this mean I've suppressed this feeling?

Or maybe just it's less intense so i can get by being sober and not addressing it, just that it comes up when less inhibited? 

99.9% of people take drugs to get "away" from themselves. 

That other 00.1% will take it to discover something. 

Alcohol tends to loosen  a person up by lowering their inhibitions.  So what came out was an aspect of yourself you wanted to express, even if only subconsciously.  

• Upvote 3

In vino veritas, in wine is truth. When we suppress our conscious mind with its system of filtering through social norms and morals we often see our true emotions expressed but not in a good or healthy way because the alcohol is a depressant so we only express the worst case scenario. The reality of who we are is somewhere in between the unfiltered depression and the daily grind socially acceptable automaton.

• Upvote 1

On 13-4-2017 at 10:16 PM, Totoro said:

It can sometimes heavy issues comeup which are supressed a long time.

It can also make someone who's shy become much more daring and open.

But in all cases it loosens the grip of the ego. 

A lot drink because of the suffering so the have a break from it. 

It will come back twice as hard but they dont worry about that when they are drunk.

• Upvote 1