ANTEVASIN

psychedelics for depression and anxiety

11 posts in this topic

I just did a google search for "medical marijuana for depression".   There is some evidence that it helps.  Also some evidence that it could make depression worse

for me, the one time I was really stoned I was very very happy when stoned but felt terrible for a long time after. For me, the high wasn't worth the crash.  I also remember seeing a regular user of cannabis who said that it always leaves her worse off than she was before   

Cannabis is good but is mixed and takes some skill to navigate. Its main strength is the flexibility - but using it properly is harder than using other psychedelics properly. It is also more likely to be addictive however I don't think this is a huge problem as long as you're smart.

Mushrooms and LSD are very good for this purpose. You don't need to take high doses to get the effects you want. Look into microdosing. Mushrooms are far more impactful on a bodily/emotional level, but they can also be more rough to deal with because of that. LSD is one of the most gentle but it is more cognitive. I consider LSD to be the most potent anti-depressant and anti-anxiety medication when used in small amounts. Mushrooms are more for healing and less practical than LSD. Cannabis is a very good soft helper vibration, it is very flexible but always should be used intentionally because falling into ruts with it is common. It is also important to become aware of the cultural forces that feed into the Cannabis frequency, even on a small scale there are probably thousands of people in one city who use Cannabis "poorly", in my opinion, and it's very easy to pick up that vibe.

• Upvote 1

5 hours ago, Kielbasa Johansen said:

@KrogeSo your experience with psychedelics (including observations of others) has emphasized the importance and need of staying grounded.  (right?)  Exactly how experienced are you with pscyhedelics?

Yes. "Staying grounded" isn't how I'd put it, I'd just say "Grounding".

I don't know exactly how experienced I am. I do not use high doses and I don't find them necessary for my purposes. I use them in small amounts as training wheels in order to heal myself and learn to function optimally on a day-to-day basis. This is the perspective I come at them from.

Edited by Kroge

@Kroge I asked because we have a similar "frequency", so I found it interesting you employ psychedelics.  However, my impression (although it may be due to GROUNDING ) is that you are well-grounded.. and claircognizant.

It is possible, (but not certain) that I got a chatty astral_attachment (or simply loosened my brain up too much) during a few cannabis trips during H.S.  As a result I lost my focus & essentially a quarter-century of my life and most of my prime. This was quite unfortunate, since I only did it ~7-10x. and had great expectations for my self. [NOTE: I believe I also had some laced cannabis once.. and that wasn't good]

It's interesting how people respond differently to drugs. I believe my crown chakra may have already been open at the time, so the cannabis just wasn't good for me as I lost train of thought and time skipped like crazy. Tough to say. Either way, I am not against psychedelics, but have little interest or need for them now, myself.

That said, each person's path varies.. so the key is "knowing self" and the specific methods, practices, or "tools" that work best for you.

Peace :)

I've been trying to get my hands on some DMT but I never bought illegal substances other than Mushrooms from a friend, and that was 10 years ago lol.  From what I heard though, is that for some people it goes to the root cause of 

the anxiety or depression and heals in that way.  Which is better than simply treating the symptoms and not the cause.  DMT is said to give you the knowledge, wisdom, and tools to heal yourself.  NOT MY WORDS!. I don't take anyone's

word on it until I experience it myself.  Really read up on it though as It might be the most intense experience of your life.  I don't condone using anything without your own thorough and proper research to determine if it's right for you.

I just wanted to simply tell you that this substance exist for your own research. Be safe. 

24 minutes ago, Kielbasa Johansen said:

@Kroge I asked because we have a similar "frequency", so I found it interesting you employ psychedelics.  However, my impression (although it may be due to GROUNDING ) is that you are well-grounded.. and claircognizant.

It is possible, (but not certain) that I got a chatty astral_attachment (or simply loosened my brain up too much) during a few cannabis trips during H.S.  As a result I lost my focus & essentially a quarter-century of my life and most of my prime. This was quite unfortunate, since I only did it ~7-10x. and had great expectations for my self. [NOTE: I believe I also had some laced cannabis once.. and that wasn't good]

It's interesting how people respond differently to drugs. I believe my crown chakra may have already been open at the time, so the cannabis just wasn't good for me as I lost train of thought and time skipped like crazy. Tough to say. Either way, I am not against psychedelics, but have little interest or need for them now, myself.

That said, each person's path varies.. so the key is "knowing self" and the specific methods, practices, or "tools" that work best for you.

Peace :)

Yes I have also noticed we have a similar frequency. And yes it would seem claircognizance is my main ability, thanks for telling me. I get non-stop information downloads about anything I think about, which also makes me more inclined to get grounded.

I'm not sure if I'm well-grounded, but I do work very hard to ground myself.  Partly because I over-use Cannabis and live mostly isolated - a recipe for dangerous ungroundedness, especially considering the collective frequencies about now. I'm processing a lot of fear, much of it is being drawn to me right out of the quantum field. Hence the importance of grounding, especially now.

Cannabis makes you super-receptive to the quantum field and I tend to over-use right now. I am fine with this over-use for now but it is being reduced as I need it less and focus on other things. Teal says that Cannabis inhibits creativity and this is definitely the case, but it is up to the indiividual to decide if the relief is worth the hit to creative pursuit.  It has a few downsides but I am fine with mitigating these downsides as I use it for relief. I figure now more than ever it's fine to indulge. I would definitely not recommend Cannabis for developing minds due to the inhibiting effects. Even though it does reduce focus and memory, I treat is an exercise and it has made me more focused and aware overall from the training. I have noticed very few people use Cannabis in this way though. I guess it is because of the above-mentioned claircognizance. I treat my use of Cannabis much more like a partnership, and I seem to get a lot more out of it. Mushrooms and LSD are far more "pure" in what they do, hence why I can recommend those with fewer guidelines. Mushrooms will heal you regardless of how you use them, and much more.

12 minutes ago, Odetta said:

I've been trying to get my hands on some DMT but I never bought illegal substances other than Mushrooms from a friend, and that was 10 years ago lol.  From what I heard though, is that for some people it goes to the root cause of 

the anxiety or depression and heals in that way.  Which is better than simply treating the symptoms and not the cause.  DMT is said to give you the knowledge, wisdom, and tools to heal yourself.  NOT MY WORDS!. I don't take anyone's

word on it until I experience it myself.  Really read up on it though as It might be the most intense experience of your life.  I don't condone using anything without your own thorough and proper research to determine if it's right for you.

I just wanted to simply tell you that this substance exist for your own research. Be safe. 

Yes very correct. Also look into Changa (this is like smokeable Ayahuasca and is more gentle and guided, pure DMT is more brutal and trippy). Changa is profoundly effective for getting to the root of your issues in MINUTES, without the hassle of an Ayahuasca ceremony.

• Upvote 1

psychedelics are good to blow the dust off your suppressed senses, but you still have to wake up to this world, so depends on how you take that it could go well or bad. I used to think bad days weren't normal because people put on a façade and literally everyone has them, its just we get stuck by our own belief systems. they temporarily connect you to this non physical aspect of our consciousness then we lose that connection and get stuck in the limited beliefs again, I am depressed, I am poor, I am ______ fill in the blank, those beliefs are what keep us where we are, so psychedelics are good, but its a temporary 6 or 8 hours to connect with our higher self that doesn't attach so much meaning to those beliefs that limit us. they will let you see the big picture but its temporary and you still have to come down and have bad days every now and then when is very normal. if you are going to do them you can write a long list of questions to ask this higher aspect of yourself, it is you and that aspect of you isn't limited by the beliefs you hold right now. id love for everyone to take them, but depending on peoples beliefs who don't believe in source it would just make them think they are losing their mind or going crazy, but its normal. the craziest thing I've seen was just from my own dmt in my brain, and that drug is illegal which is hilarious, its illegal to leave our bodies lol how dare they...

Edited by Alex7
  • Upvote 2

For anti-anxiety, the dosage of psychedelics is extremely important.  Too much or too often can have undesirable side effects, you could start acting like a hippy for instance.  The video below has some basic info on microdosing, where you hit the sweet spot of having the desired effect without any weird side effects.

Why limit yourself to psychedelics though, there are lots of pretty safe nootropics or herbs that are reputed to have an anxiolytic effect.  For instance phenytoin, l-theanine, passiflora, or lemon balm.

Having given up drugs and alcohol generally, I find the best treatment for anxiety and depression is exercise, sunlight, fresh air and helping people who are worse off than I. Cultivating an attitude of gratitude is also very helpful