ANTEVASIN

forms of therapy

3 posts in this topic

forms of therapy

What are the most beneficial forms of therapy ? 

From my experience psychotherapy with just talking isn´t that transformative. In fact psychotherapists don´t even know about stuff like regressiontherapie, shadow work, inner child work etc. 

Depends on the type of therapist.   I see a person who practices "psycho dynamics".  It has the same basis as freud's "psychoanalysis".  The idea that unresolved issues in our past cause problems in our present.   They might not use the words "shadow work" or "inner child work" but it sure seems like the same thing to me.   

You should ask your therapist what type of therapy he or she practices.  

I'm studying art therapy right now and it is a form of psychotherapy. The images presented in the art are often symbols of suppressed feelings and desires of the subconscious. It helps to bring awareness to the patient of some of their shadows through different art processes. Active imagination is a very popular one that was developed by carl jung. It involves dream interpretation that art therapists like to have their patients work on sometimes in their art. Art is a process and art therapy has become more popularized in recent years. It's a bit new agey since it often involves many spiritual practices and beliefs depending on the facilitated art therapisit. Meditation and and universal consciousness are not strangers to this field.