GabijaCij

New Forum Sections!

Question

New Forum Sections!

Hi!

We got loads of great suggestions in the last months on new discussion sections and I have been thinking about how to make them all come to life without making a million new small sections.

Originally how we created the forum sections is this - we took the top tags and sections of the old teal tribe and put them together to structure what we have now in this forum.

I love the natural growth we've had and your suggestions. I put together a new structure the forum might have, please please please please let me know what you think! All ideas are welcome and let's create a structure we can all enjoy and new users would have no trouble with! :)

I will keep this open for a week for suggestions and then implement the new structure.

Enlightenment (Merge Synchronicity and We Are Awesome into here)
Health
Love (NEW SECTION)
Music (Previously Sharing Music)
Divination and Astrology (Merge "Psychic" and "Crystals" here, Tarot can be discussed here too. Move "Astrology" here too as a sub-section)
World (NEW SECTION - Politics can be discussed here too since that was a request)
Humor (NEW SECTION) Should this be a subsection under Other?
Other (Make "I Have A Question" a subsection here)

Should I make Politics and Humor one section? (I'm kidding... :) )

UPDATE:

I understand that we cannot make everyone happy with these changes and someone will always remain unsatisfied, we are merely trying to find a more optimal solution each step we take.

Thank you for your suggestions!

How about this:

I Have A Question (keep as is now as it's the most popular thread)
Spirituality (Enlightenment, Synchronicity, We Are Awesome), add a Divination sub-section for "Psychic", "Crystals" and Astrology as a subsection
The Physical World (Humor, Politics, Music, Health...)

Twinflames and Love (NEW SECTION)
Other Discussions (keep as is now)

To me, Love doesn't really fit in wither World or Spirituality, it overflows into both.

What about the main sections above having sub-sections as listed in brackets? Would that be too much clutter for you? :) 

• Upvote 1

24 answers to this question

Thank you for your input everyone!

After a long deliberation this is the final result:

Spiritual Development (Merged "Enlightenment", "Synchronicity" and most of "We Are Awesome" and "I Have A Question" posts made it here, but not all)

Love & Relationships (new section!)

Health & Diet (previously "Health")

Crystals, Tarot & Astrology (Merged "Crystals", "Psychic" and "Astrology")

Music & Art (Previously "Music Sharing")

Other Discussions (Merged some posts of "We Are Awesome"and "I Have A Question" into this)

PS - no posts were deleted :)

• Like 1

It looks better but if I'm being completely honest I think you could even reduce the number down even further. The less sub-sections a forum has, the better. It would also help to have a feature which showed all active threads instead of ALL activity period. It makes this forum too much work to navigate. If you have to ask, then yes, cut it. People tend not to care that much about posting in the right section anyway, people will go to the section that has the most activity. Therefore 2-3 sections is ideal, but no more than 5 IMO. At least not until such a time as the forum has much more activity to justify it.

• Upvote 1

4 hours ago, GabijaCij said:

Should I make Politics and Humor one section? (I'm kidding... :) )

Hahaha That was funny 😄

4 hours ago, GabijaCij said:

Enlightenment (Merge Synchronicity and We Are Awesome into here)

I'd leave it separate. 

• Upvote 2

'I have a question' seems to be the most popular section, so I don't see the logic in making it a subsection in 'Other'. 

As kroge was saying, the site is already a pain to navigate. 

I see the main themes on the site are 1.questions, 2.world/mundane stuff (which includes love, health, music, humor, politics, etc) and 3.'spirituality' stuff (divination and astrology, enlightenment, syncronicity, etc etc), so maybe a structure that would illustrate that would make it easier for people to go where their interest is.

also a 'new content' or 'active threads' feature would be nice. as of now, one can only see the last 3 posts on the site, which doesn't really give one an idea of what's going on and where the activity is currently.

• Upvote 3

Hi all, I'm only two months here but noticed it would be handy key word search window  to have on the top of all topics, also  I'd prefer to keep more spiritual line like News  what I've made today or someone good and inspirational  spiritual stories, charities, instead Politics discussions. 

19 hours ago, Kroge said:

It looks better but if I'm being completely honest I think you could even reduce the number down even further. The less sub-sections a forum has, the better. It would also help to have a feature which showed all active threads instead of ALL activity period. It makes this forum too much work to navigate. If you have to ask, then yes, cut it. People tend not to care that much about posting in the right section anyway, people will go to the section that has the most activity. Therefore 2-3 sections is ideal, but no more than 5 IMO. At least not until such a time as the forum has much more activity to justify it.

9 hours ago, mufhry said:

'I have a question' seems to be the most popular section, so I don't see the logic in making it a subsection in 'Other'. 

As kroge was saying, the site is already a pain to navigate. 

I see the main themes on the site are 1.questions, 2.world/mundane stuff (which includes love, health, music, humor, politics, etc) and 3.'spirituality' stuff (divination and astrology, enlightenment, syncronicity, etc etc), so maybe a structure that would illustrate that would make it easier for people to go where their interest is.

also a 'new content' or 'active threads' feature would be nice. as of now, one can only see the last 3 posts on the site, which doesn't really give one an idea of what's going on and where the activity is currently.

Thanks for the feedback. Any specific ideas on how we could merge it down?

1. Main and general questions

2. Spirituality, Consciousness, Sciences and Health

3. Other

4. (idea) Help (people can post their general emotional issues and stuff here)

5. (idea) Shadow stuff - potentially for the more darker and/or controversial stuff, possibly only viewable to registered members.

6. (idea) Possibly an optionable section dedicated to Teal herself. This might be a good platform for people to specifically discuss Teal as an individual and her works. Although I mostly ignore it, there is obviously a lot of controversy around Teal, so let this be a section where people can post what they really think, positive or negative, and get it out of their system or hammer it out with others.

These latter 3 ideas could be relatively uncensored. Authenticity and all that.

• Upvote 1

[NOTE: I don't really know of a better place to post this. This seems at least somewhat appropriate and definitely topic-relevant : Sorry it is so long, but it's of a slightly broader scope :]

@GabijaCij

Thanks for the tremendous work you and others have done thus far to grow the TealTribe forums to this impressive level of participation & success.  :thumbs-up-yahoo-emoticon:  Since I am a relative newcomer to these forums and have never interacted directly with you, Teal, Ale, or any other key members of TealTribe that I know of, I thought I would indulge myself LIGHTLY (but at length) here & share my business-minded thoughts on forum development.  

I do this now, because I increasingly resonate w/ Teal's higher-consciousness mission and am a technologist and visioneer with extensive online community experience both professionally & personally. I am also professional web developer with extensive PHP, HTML, and JavaScript programming  skills which are the specific languages this forum employs.

My forum participation until now has been sporadic & inconsistent, sometimes serious and sometimes plain silly (possibly even gauche) for I have an absurd and creative side too. [i.e. I make myself laugh :| :]

I am putting on my serious technology & business nerd hat now. :nerd-yahoo-emoticon: I should also add I am fully "kundalini-awakened" and very comfortable discussing advanced spiritual topics.

Finally, please keep in mind that much or all of what I say below may have been done ALREADY. I am actually very impressed with the forums and new website functioning and layout. I also know Ale, in particular, has a stellar entrepreneurial and business track record. I write here not due to what others lack, but due to what I confidently know I may add.

Long-winded preface done, here are my humble thoughts on forum-building around a charismatic, flourishing spiritual leader and growing consciousness movement.  :star-yahoo-emoticon:

(1) Growth isn't Growth.
Number of forum members  or activity level do not mean much if the forums are not propelling people forward positively in their own personal growth pursuits or into a constructive relationship with Teal and TealTribe community.  The forums were created with a specific intention. Has this intention changed? -  now that Teal has more books out, gained life experience and followers, and possibly further clarified her mission and the ideal direction in which she thinks these forums might evolve? I DON'T KNOW.

I am not privy to her long-term vision and current community-building aspirations, but I certainly wouldn't mind connecting with her or team to learn more and discuss them. If she is still fleshing some of these out, I can ask helpful probing questions and/or engage in specific research (on her behalf) to assist in clarifying her vision and/or learning what new and innovative web applications are possible w/existing technologies  (in ADDITION to the forums.)  Basically, Internet apps  and outside-the-box thinking I consider strengths of mine.

(2) Have a vision. "Start with the end in mind."
A clear vision is invaluable for it will GUIDE exactly which forum categories are most appropriate and effective for fulfilling the broader initial intention. Letting things simply develop naturally in a grass-roots fashion definitely makes some sense, but not complete sense.  This is because the quest for personal growth in this higher-consciousness age of Aquarius is quite unique in that post-awakening (for many people) the universe just opens up and they are free to evolve or DEVOLVE in virtually any direction imaginable. Unfortunately, many good-hearted people awaken, then get caught up in (oft-true) conspiracy theories and spiraling rabbit-holes.. and soon find themselves trapped in perpetuity fluid in glass-tubes underground on the far-side of the moon.  :o  :tic:)

The point is that people farther along on the path of "love and enlightenment" can definitely assist the growth of others by providing a community structure implicitly encouraging more productive paths of consciousness inquiry and personal upliftment.

(3)  Q:   What do I think of the current or newly suggested forum categories?  A:   C.I.W.
C-hoose I-nteresting W-ords. :)

A forum, interior design, environment, intentional community are all simply like planting and designing a beautiful FLOWER GARDEN.
Every WORD, IMAGE, SHAPE, SYMBOL, and STRUCTURE provided by the creators/gardeners thereof should be of a high-vibration & colorfulness that propel members forward with excitement and joy deeper into it.

Forum category names should TITILLATE the heart more than "make sense to" the linear left-brain. Names should encourage FORWARD EXPANSION.. not simply logical understanding.

"Love and Soulmates" is richer than the sublime (but highly used) term "Love"
"Other" might be "Other Stuff!" (note the exclamation point - and everyone loves "stuff"!)
"Health" could be "Vitality and Food" (or "Bodies and Buffets" :) )

These are just some suggestions. The point is understanding the power of employing interesting words to leverage rich light codes of meaning that spur higher-frequency states and greater experiential excitement.   LET'S HAVE SOME FORUM FUN, FOLKS!  :star-yahoo-emoticon:

Please forward this to anyone internally at TealEye. if you think it of value!

Great job and thanks for all the work, @GabijaCij!

"Kiel"  :ph34r:

Edited by Kielbasa Johansen
  • Upvote 6

I agree with the above recommendation for more forward-movement. I didn't want to say it out of fear of being too negative, but this forum has a stale and unsure energy to it that doesn't match with Teal herself at all. More focus please.

• Upvote 3

On 4/11/2017 at 3:25 PM, Garnet said:

I'd leave it separate. 

Hmm... I just see that both Synchronicity and We Are Awesome do not have that many topics happening, that's why I suggested it.

14 hours ago, walt said:

This place is watered down with a plethora of different forums currently. Are people really so different they each need an individual section? 

That's why we are trying to narrow it down :)

• Upvote 2

20 hours ago, Kielbasa Johansen said:

[NOTE: I don't really know of a better place to post this. This seems at least somewhat appropriate and definitely topic-relevant : Sorry it is so long, but it's of a slightly broader scope :]

@GabijaCij

Thanks for the tremendous work you and others have done thus far to grow the TealTribe forums to this impressive level of participation & success.  :thumbs-up-yahoo-emoticon:  Since I am a relative newcomer to these forums and have never interacted directly with you, Teal, Ale, or any other key members of TealTribe that I know of, I thought I would indulge myself LIGHTLY (but at length) here & share my business-minded thoughts on forum development.  

I do this now, because I increasingly resonate w/ Teal's higher-consciousness mission and am a technologist and visioneer with extensive online community experience both professionally & personally. I am also professional web developer with extensive PHP, HTML, and JavaScript programming  skills which are the specific languages this forum employs.

My forum participation until now has been sporadic & inconsistent, sometimes serious and sometimes plain silly (possibly even gauche) for I have an absurd and creative side too. [i.e. I make myself laugh :| :]

I am putting on my serious technology & business nerd hat now. :nerd-yahoo-emoticon: I should also add I am fully "kundalini-awakened" and very comfortable discussing advanced spiritual topics.

Finally, please keep in mind that much or all of what I say below may have been done ALREADY. I am actually very impressed with the forums and new website functioning and layout. I also know Ale, in particular, has a stellar entrepreneurial and business track record. I write here not due to what others lack, but due to what I confidently know I may add.

Long-winded preface done, here are my humble thoughts on forum-building around a charismatic, flourishing spiritual leader and growing consciousness movement.  :star-yahoo-emoticon:

(1) Growth isn't Growth.
Number of forum members  or activity level do not mean much if the forums are not propelling people forward positively in their own personal growth pursuits or into a constructive relationship with Teal and TealTribe community.  The forums were created with a specific intention. Has this intention changed? -  now that Teal has more books out, gained life experience and followers, and possibly further clarified her mission and the ideal direction in which she thinks these forums might evolve? I DON'T KNOW.

I am not privy to her long-term vision and current community-building aspirations, but I certainly wouldn't mind connecting with her or team to learn more and discuss them. If she is still fleshing some of these out, I can ask helpful probing questions and/or engage in specific research (on her behalf) to assist in clarifying her vision and/or learning what new and innovative web applications are possible w/existing technologies  (in ADDITION to the forums.)  Basically, Internet apps  and outside-the-box thinking I consider strengths of mine.

(2) Have a vision. "Start with the end in mind."
A clear vision is invaluable for it will GUIDE exactly which forum categories are most appropriate and effective for fulfilling the broader initial intention. Letting things simply develop naturally in a grass-roots fashion definitely makes some sense, but not complete sense.  This is because the quest for personal growth in this higher-consciousness age of Aquarius is quite unique in that post-awakening (for many people) the universe just opens up and they are free to evolve or DEVOLVE in virtually any direction imaginable. Unfortunately, many good-hearted people awaken, then get caught up in (oft-true) conspiracy theories and spiraling rabbit-holes.. and soon find themselves trapped in perpetuity fluid in glass-tubes underground on the far-side of the moon.  :o  :tic:)

The point is that people farther along on the path of "love and enlightenment" can definitely assist the growth of others by providing a community structure implicitly encouraging more productive paths of consciousness inquiry and personal upliftment.

(3)  Q:   What do I think of the current or newly suggested forum categories?  A:   C.I.W.
C-hoose I-nteresting W-ords. :)

A forum, interior design, environment, intentional community are all simply like planting and designing a beautiful FLOWER GARDEN.
Every WORD, IMAGE, SHAPE, SYMBOL, and STRUCTURE provided by the creators/gardeners thereof should be of a high-vibration & colorfulness that propel members forward with excitement and joy deeper into it.

Forum category names should TITILLATE the heart more than "make sense to" the linear left-brain. Names should encourage FORWARD EXPANSION.. not simply logical understanding.

"Love and Soulmates" is richer than the sublime (but highly used) term "Love"
"Other" might be "Other Stuff!" (note the exclamation point - and everyone loves "stuff"!)
"Health" could be "Vitality and Food" (or "Bodies and Buffets" :) )

These are just some suggestions. The point is understanding the power of employing interesting words to leverage rich light codes of meaning that spur higher-frequency states and greater experiential excitement.   LET'S HAVE SOME FORUM FUN, FOLKS!  :star-yahoo-emoticon:

Please forward this to anyone internally at TealEye. if you think it of value!

Great job and thanks for all the work, @GabijaCij!

"Kiel"  :ph34r:

Thanks for taking the time to write this up! I am someone who works internally for Teal Eye :)

The idea for the forum is merely to have a place where people can talk. We encourage and love when people start communities and do other projects together and connect in real life however that is up to you, the people. The forum is only one platform for discussion, that's all, same as Teal Tribe on Facebook.

I loved your Categories title suggestions! 

How about this:

I Have A Question (keep as is now as it's the most popular thread)
Spirituality (Enlightenment, Synchronicity, We Are Awesome), add a Divination sub-section for "Psychic", "Crystals" and Astrology as a subsection
The Physical World (Humor, Politics, Music, Health...)

Twinflames and Love (NEW SECTION)
Other Discussions (keep as is now)

To me, Love doesn't really fit in wither World or Spirituality, it overflows into both.

What about the main sections above having sub-sections as listed in brackets? Would that be too much clutter for you? :) 

• Upvote 2

"I have a Question" section should NOT exist - unless a thread can be in 2 sections at once.. or someone is actively migrating conversations produced from questions to the appropriate and more specific area thereafter.  Basically, the "I have a Question" is popular because previous existing categories weren't clear enough AND/OR it is the cherry-pick category people lazily (or default) employ to just plop their question "somewhere that is not totally inappropriate.

It basically steals or co-opts conversations that really should be in other threads.

--- something like this ---

Spirituality & Healing

Dreams and Psychic Development

Love and Twin Flames  - ( Love should come first - as it is more general)

Family and Relationships ( NOTE: I like "relationships' more than "friends" - since the former includes co-workers, random people you bumped into etc - this section should NOT be merged with LOVE and TF - which is a totally difficult dynamic and energy)

Astrology & Tarot

Crystals & Rocks (etc... external devices)  - optionally merge this with Astrology and Tarot

Events and Politics

Music & Fun Stuff!

-----

This off the top of my head.. but something like this which would pretty good, I believe. From here, you might be able to have a few subsections later on, but I don't think they are too necessary  until activity picks ups.

I'm clairfognicant and have a good sense for this stuff.  

:)

Just my 2 cents, tho.. The recent addition of showing latest posts on right is superb.

Finally, (and please don't take this wrong way at all) but you don't need a hundred people of greatly varying intuitive clarity & web experience to decide something like this.  Just 2 or 3 of strong clarity. :nerd-yahoo-emoticon: [Community voting produced the Government of the United States!! :]

Thanks for your superb efforts!

Peace and Love.  :thumbs-up-yahoo-emoticon: