Lucie

Lack of inspiration

12 posts in this topic

What can we do when nothing or almost nothing inspires us ? What can one do to find inspiration or ways to have fun again ?

• Upvote 1

Hi Lucie,

I'm a musician, and writer, and when I hit an inspiration wall, I just let myself off the hook about it. I'm fairly moon-sensitive, for instance. When it's a full moon, I get sluggish and kind of stubborn about creating. So I rest more, and kind of soak in it a little,lol. One of my fave ways to trick myself into creating again is to listen to songs and watch videos that inspire me so much, I start to chomp at the bit to create again. But that's after I wallow for a while, and know it's perfectly alright. The more I let myself feel uninspired, the more quickly I move through it. 

Hope that helped a bit! 

• Upvote 1

My inspiration comes from other people. Interacting with other people. Ideally people with a completely different world view.

• Upvote 2

I love biographies and autobiographies. It's fun to read how someone aligns with their purpose and goes on to be significant in their field of choice. So maybe that would give you a boost.

Also, get out in Nature. Get away from social media and materialism and into the sanctuary of Creator. 

I wonder if you can tolerate being in a meh mood. Sometimes I think people believe that they are always supposed to be on top of the world. We fluctuate in our moods. As long as your moods are not too extreme (bipolar), then you have to accept a variation in how you feel. A good mantra is: This too shall pass...

16 hours ago, Lucie said:

What can we do when nothing or almost nothing inspires us ? What can one do to find inspiration or ways to have fun again ?

What worked for me was "365 Days of Self Love"  Of course a Teal episode.  It literally means 1 Year of Loving Yourself every single day.  

I know it sounds strange, but we have literally been programmed to go against ourselves.  After 1 year of reprogramming, you will be headed in a whole new direction.

Everyday for 1 year, you ask yourself the question "What would someone who loves themselves do?"  Every morning and every time you need to make a decision.  

I spent 1 year healing myself, body and mind.  Following childhood dreams.  And after 1 year, my life was headed in a completely different direction.  My passion was discovered in the depths of my shadows.  And by following my heart.  It took time to reprogram.  Try 365 days of self love!  And you will discover what your hidden passion and inspiration is.   

• Upvote 1

Thank you all for these answers.

Free spirit, the thing is that everytime I ask myself this question, I end up with no answer...It's like I don't know what self-love means on a practical way.

I have noticed a kind of subtle trickery inside of myself when I try to create or await for inspiration. At its root I think inspiration is more of a feeling or flow experience and yet we are waiting for the objects of inspiration (ideas, places, things?) to arise  so we achieve that good feeling or receptive state. I have found sitting trying to await these objects (for example simply an idea of what I want to do today) to be painful and unpleasant as they won't come. 

Though it's a cliche, I think it's best to simply try to find ways to feel good first or give yourself the feeling of expansion or inspiration or w/e unconditionally. At first, if we sit down and try to do this it may seem just as hard or frustrating but with some will and appropriate focus on making yourself feel good without the ideas, then I find from that state ideas are more ready to come to you. Listen to a song you enjoy, bounce a ball against a wall, take some minor action even though it doesn't necessarily feel the best and get the ball rolling. Energy will start to move. 

• Upvote 1

• Work on opening your sacral chakra. (If you are unfamiliar with this concept, a helpful and recommended tool is Carol Tuttle's Chakra Series on YouTube).
  • Work on spiritual sexuality (spiritual masturbation/sex for growth and enlightenment).
  • Savor and enjoy everyday things (food, nature, a walk, music).
  • Spend time where your creative juices flow (maybe in nature, or alone listening to music, maybe even in the shower). 
Edited by Cam913_
  • Upvote 1

On 6/9/2016 at 6:01 AM, Lucie said:

To have fun you must become fun.  To have inspiration you must become inspiration.

See normally when you do something, if your not doing something that you actually want to do or see as necessary it drains your energy.

You gotta find something to do that when you do it it fuels your energy.  I like to work out.  Normally when people work out they get tired during and have to rest. Fuck no I get more energy from working out and just go on forever till I want to read this awesome book I got from my friend.  

You see what I mean?  You gotta generate energy with the energy you use and that way you won't need inspiration you'll just be like i gotta use this energy or Spiderman's gonna be out of a job!!!

4 minutes ago, Johanna Forssén said:

For me, relaxation is the key.

Stress, routine and forced action seems to stagnate the flow of creativity.

Your exactly right it's knowing when to do what.