Sign in to follow this  
daliya

Lasik surgery for daughter

8 posts in this topic

Lasik surgery for daughter

Hey, I am making this post for my daughter.
She is seven years old and is staying in a hostel right now. She has got some problem with her eyesight and says that she cannot read properly. She finds it difficult to see distant objects. We took her to an optician when she came for vacation last week.
The doctor said that she has got myopia. He asked her to start wearing glasses. But, I feel sorry for her. It will be awkward if she started wearing glasses at such a young age.
Is there any other option to correct her vision? I am scared to give her contact lenses because she would mishandle them. Is LASIK surgery a good option? A friend of mine in Boston had his surgery from a lasik surgeon and is very happy right now. But, I am scared about my daughter's case. Is it safe for her to undergo such a treatment at this young age? Please give some genuine replies and suggestions.

• Upvote 1

See this thread: 

If she is made to wear glasses then her vision will almost definitely get much worse than it is now. Eyesight is not as unfixable as it seems and she has a fair chance to recover because of her age. Use eye exercises ASAP - look at her diet, look at her emotional problems. Get her to start focusing on close and distant objects more - it is very good to take breaks often if doing close-up work. Switch from looking at close objects to far away objects often. Get a book on the subject: in the above thread Aquarian posted book pages that look very good. Get that book at least, and you shouldn't need more books than that.

Her personality is probably quite closed off and she is withdrawing from the world. Her eyesight problems reflect a level of dissatisfaction, helplessness and lack of optimism for life. Moreso than the exercises, working on her attitude to life would be the most helpful for her vision and her future.

6 hours ago, Tibor said:

check out lasik eye surgery topic

http://endmyopia.org/and-then-there-was-science/

But here is a site which is a good starter

Wow that is a fucking amazing site. The best site I have ever seen about this subject. Thanks.

• Upvote 1

Just now, Kroge said:

Wow that is a fucking amazing site. The best site I have ever seen about this subject. Thanks

Your welcome m8

10 hours ago, Tibor said:

http://endmyopia.org/and-then-there-was-science/

But here is a site which is a good starter

Very interesting website! Thank you!

I read about the study that compared myopia progression in patients with undercorrected vision vs fully corrected. I think that explains why i feel that contact lenses always suited me better. they are close to the eye and do not create additional vision distortions like glasses. My myopia  hasn't changed/progressed any further than -6.5 since.... 16 i think. But i do have astigmatism that comes back and then goes away.

8 minutes ago, Garnet said:

Very interesting website! Thank you!

No problem very please that it expanded your awareness.

There is also a book i have read about bateria and toxins. That when they came across eye deceases the always found wood alcohol and 3/4 different bacteria.

The body cant do much about that because i cant process wood alcohol and for the bacteria  thats thier food. The bateria the body cant kill in the eyes is because there is not enough blood flow. That the reason we have tears to clean it but tears dont kill bateria like white blood cells.

Thats from a pure phsical point of view

Edited by Tibor

4 hours ago, Tibor said:

No problem very please that it expanded your awareness.

There is also a book i have read about bateria and toxins. That when they came across eye deceases the always found wood alcohol and 3/4 different bacteria.

The body cant do much about that because i cant process wood alcohol and for the bacteria  thats thier food. The bateria the body cant kill in the eyes is because there is not enough blood flow. That the reason we have tears to clean it but tears dont kill bateria like white blood cells.

Thats from a pure phsical point of view

A simple eye drop solution is good for improving eye health. Manuka honey, or some sort of sulphur compound such as MSM or DMSO.

• Upvote 1