ANTEVASIN

Giving the body permission to let go

5 posts in this topic

Giving the body permission to let go

How can you give the body/unconcious mind the message that it can relax and allow to integrate it´s traumas ? 

• Upvote 2

you have to feel for it, the feeling will come up you just have to be there for it and feel what it does, its the body doing that not you, the soul in the body, but the body will sort of have to re-experience the feeling and integrate it and it is scary, but that's the body freaking out from past trauma, just be with it.

• Upvote 2

It's an incremental process and IMO it is best understood by finding a way to drop into the tension and feel the resistance for what it is. I personally got there through bodywork, Teal, and psychedelics, however I was an extreme case because I was basically a walking robot-zombie who couldn't feel anything. In cases like that I just think people need something serious and not mess around with fluff techniques; ideally support from people who know what they're talking about, but that depends entirely on who you know and who you can vibrationally match to. Following the breath in order to drop into the body is a fundamental way - hence I recommend strong breathing techniques such as Breath of Fire, Holotropic Breathing, and particularly Iceman Breathing. The awareness of most people in this field tends to jump upwards into their heads when they do this sort of work, it is a very instinctive reaction to the things that the conscious mind would rather not touch. So it's good to get focused and learn to be comfortable with your discomfort so you can drop into it without your conscious attention snapping away.

And Grounding.

It's natural to overthink this but when it comes to dropping into your body (and to a lesser extent your stream of higher information) it's just something you have to get to and let happen. This represents those blind spots in our awareness of ourselves that Teal directly talks about (i.e. see her video on Denial). So you just have to do it. Start with the most obvious: any pain or excess tension you feel in your body, just drop into it. This includes any sort of uncomfortable sensation and it doesn't matter what it is. This also applies to thoughts, emotions, and things we deem immaterial or not possible to grasp. It also applies to positive sensations but the negative sensations represent our blind spots. Pain especially is our bodily-subconscious signal to pay attention and drop into it as soon as is possible. The instant you no longer resist the pain, it ceases to be a necessary signal for your subconscious to use.