11 posts in this topic

Hi all,

I have suffered from some pretty major mental health challenges for the past 5 years (panic disorder, agoraphobia, depression) but last year, after a considerable amount of relationship stress, I seemed to 'break'. I was inundated with symptoms such as severe depression, anxiety, spaced out feeling, feeling like I was in a different reality/planet that looked identical to my 'old reality', brain fog (short term memory loss, confusion), internally vibrating leg, spasming toes, random spots of tingling all over my body, sudden alcohol intolerance, aching joints, but the most stand-out symptom is the exhaustion. I can barely function, mostly bed ridden and if I am doing activity, I have to take it slow and stop when my body has had enough otherwise I end up feeling rather ill if I push myself. Every now and then I seem to have flare-ups where the joint aches and fatigue are at their worst but the symptoms are generally always there.

Im not sure whether this is related or not, I had an IUD put in several months before this all happened and experienced my first uti not long after and then monthly utis there after. I had the IUD removed but am left with an irritable bowel and still the occasional uti.

My doctor ran a whole bunch of blood tests but has put it down to a nervous breakdown, I have questioned major depression, dark night of the soul, spiritual awakening, autoimmune problems, chronic fatigue, virus (epstein-barr) and the IUD situation maybe flaring up my immune system from infection or something along those lines. Its been 10 months now since this all started and I feel like my whole life has been turned upside down and I dont know who I am anymore.

Im just wondering if anyone has experienced anything along these lines or could offer any insight into what might be happening? Im aware that this is most likely a psychological thing but I would love to hear peoples experiences with having a breakdown, chronic fatigue or any emotional stuff that manifested physically and if youve gotten better and how. Or if anyone wants to add anything else about how I could help myself heal from this, I would really appreciate it.

I have found that a lot of the same issues I was facing did have a lot to do with my PTS and Auto Immue issues. They do go hand in hand and can most definitely effect every thing in your body. Your stress levels release a cortisol hormone (just one of many) that can trigger and affect the over balance in your body. Your body is an eco system and some times it's can be off balance and what  tiggers auto immune disorder which is when the body is confused and starts to attack its self.  There are so many types of Auto Immune disorders out there. I personally went on a Auto immune Paleo diet, and I have been suffering with something for 20 years that no doctor could help me with and this was something that finally made sense. THere is a book and lots or resources out there I one that I read was specific to my condition call "

The Hidden Plague: A Field Guide For Surviving and Overcoming Hidradenitis Suppurativaby Tara Grant

I really enjoyed the way she explained what Auto Immune Disorder is and it really helps to understand how it does affect all the things you listed.  I know that it can sometimes feel like it makes no sense but I would start with this because maybe it's the body that needs help first. Then of course developing a Meditation or relaxing practice and cutting out all toxins. 
I hope you find something that works , I understand how difficult it can be. 
  • Upvote 1

I have found that meditation and spending time in the sun has helped me when I am experiencing similar symptoms.  My doctor mentioned low vitamin D levels causing some of my issues and it made sense that I was experiencing more issues when I was indoors for long periods of time or during the winter and rainy months. I was amazed when I researched how vitamin D effects our overall mood and health. :)

• Upvote 2

10 hours ago, Skgray said:

(short term memory loss, confusion), internally vibrating leg, spasming toes, random spots of tingling all over my body, sudden alcohol intolerance, aching joints,

Not sure about the other stuff, but this part is a tell-tale sign of MAGNESIUM DEFICIENCY.

Magnesium Deficiency = Restless-Legs Syndrome

I had RLS in the past and it only stopped with Magnesium supplementation. Anytime you consume Carbohydrates, your body uses up Magnesium, so if you consume a lot of carbs (even healthy carbs like fruit and grains) and you already have low magnesium, you're fucking yourself over more. 

Are you consuming wheat? Wheat is a trigger for MOST autoimmune conditions, including arthritis/achy-joints.

@Skgray

Im not sure whether this is related or not, I had an IUD put in several months before this all happened and experienced my first uti not long after and then monthly utis there after. I had the IUD removed but am left with an irritable bowel and still the occasional uti.

Was it a Copper IUD?

Copper decreases Zinc levels and Zinc is responsible for normal wound-healing (could be related to your IBS.)

Copper also messes with endocrine/hormonal function, and the only way I know of how to restore that is to eat a lot of Saturated Fat, cholesterol (ALL hormones and Neurotransmitters like Dopamine/Serotonin are made from cholesterol, no exceptions.) and Iodine.

Example of how hormones are made from Cholesterol, so if you're not eating enough cholesterol, you're not doing your mental-state any favors.

cholesterol-important_0.jpg

Cholesterol acts as an antioxidant and a precursor to important brain-supporting elements like vitamin D, as well as sex hormones such as testosterone and estrogen.

Most importantly cholesterol is actually an essential fuel for brain cells. The carrier protein LDL has been given the derogatory title of “bad cholesterol” however, in reality LDL is not a cholesterol molecule at all. The role of LDL in the brain is to capture cholesterol from the blood and transport it to the brain cell, where it performs critical functions. What researchers are now finding is that when cholesterol levels are low, the brain simply doesn’t work well. And individuals with low cholesterol are at a much greater risk for dementia and other neurological problems.
--The Truth about Cholesterol And Your Brain

Edited by YOD
  • Upvote 2

@Olga-p Yeah I've read all about autoimmune and the body started to recognise itself as the thing it needs to attack, which is exactly what it feels like-that my body is attacking itself. I will have a read of the link you sent ;) 

I have been looking into Paleo as it resonates with me more than a raw/vegan diet does. Has eating that way changed how you feel?

@YOD What I described isn't Restless leg syndrome, I've had RLS since I was young and actually already take magnesium for it. What I experience is only in my left leg and foot. It feels like the is one nerve running down my calf on the very inside of my leg that I can feel vibrating, like there is a cellphone trapped in there but you can't feel the vibrations on the outside. And same leg, my toes do a dance by themselves, just moving and cramping up. This all just suddenly happened in September last year and has ceased to stop.

I do eat wheat and this is definitely something I'm looking into. Also eat carbs. 

It was a copper iud and am aware of the whole zinc/copper situation so I started taking zinc when I had it in and continued when I got it out. But yes, I wasn't thrilled knowing copper was being leeched into my system but I'm not a fan of chemical birth control so that was the best option for me at the time, even though I sincerely regret it as I don't think my body responded well to the foreign object. 

2 hours ago, Skgray said:

@Olga-p Yeah I've read all about autoimmune and the body started to recognise itself as the thing it needs to attack, which is exactly what it feels like-that my body is attacking itself. I will have a read of the link you sent ;) 

I have been looking into Paleo as it resonates with me more than a raw/vegan diet does. Has eating that way changed how you feel?

@YOD What I described isn't Restless leg syndrome, I've had RLS since I was young and actually already take magnesium for it. What I experience is only in my left leg and foot. It feels like the is one nerve running down my calf on the very inside of my leg that I can feel vibrating, like there is a cellphone trapped in there but you can't feel the vibrations on the outside. And same leg, my toes do a dance by themselves, just moving and cramping up. This all just suddenly happened in September last year and has ceased to stop.

I do eat wheat and this is definitely something I'm looking into. Also eat carbs. 

It was a copper iud and am aware of the whole zinc/copper situation so I started taking zinc when I had it in and continued when I got it out. But yes, I wasn't thrilled knowing copper was being leeched into my system but I'm not a fan of chemical birth control so that was the best option for me at the time, even though I sincerely regret it as I don't think my body responded well to the foreign object. 

Yes, for sure and just for reference I was doing Vegan 5 years did raw . Before that I had been all meat then cut carbs then cut sugar , then meat and then ate fish then just went vegan, then did the raw then went back to vegan and now Paleo for Auto immune. I will say though that it was about seeing what foods trigger you and you can shape it a bit more. A lot of the vegan diets unless you do raw will use a lot more wheat and soy and fillers and you tend to eat more simple carbs . All those things are triggers for me. In this diet you stay away from something called NIghtshades which release some toxins which to someone with a normal immunity wouldn't affect them but  are  actually  enough stuff I ate all the time. Like TOmatoes, eggplant, potatoes, peppers of the sweet and spicy kind (except black pepper) you don't do nuts or dairy.  For me I have found that if any meats on this diet they have to be a smaller portions and grass feed or organic and raised treated cruelty free. I eat sweet potatoes and eat mostly veggie based with sides of OTHER (meat, complex carb veggie)  It was strange to unlearn and adjust the diet I definitely believe it's learning about what your body is saying to you.  Also , It's believe that all of its is in relation to Leaky Gut syndrome. I don't do refined sugar , or wheat or Yeast , or corn or beans.  It's interesting and it wasn't hard to give some of these up and only some are temporary things you will remove to help heal your gut. 

Also a lot of medicines that are suppose to help us with our bodies are the cause of making it worst. Since I have been more aware , I have found I am no where as bad not as Low energy , my skin cleared up , I actually lost weight and my mood stabled out and I see  its my body trying to balance itself out. It takes work and research but it's a good thing to educate yourself about anyways. 

I also had the IUD I hated it, it was uncomfortable and when I tried to get it removed they said it was stuck. I lucky got a second opinion and they were able to remove it. I am not sure if was because I had a tilted pelvis or because they did it wrong. I do not recommend the IUD.  Also, any hormones. Pain killers, antibiotics really mess you up if you have this condition.

https://aiplifestyle.com/what-is-autoimmune-protocol-diet/

• Upvote 2

27 minutes ago, Skgray said:

What I described isn't Restless leg syndrome, I've had RLS since I was young and actually already take magnesium for it. What I experience is only in my left leg and foot. It feels like the is one nerve running down my calf on the very inside of my leg that I can feel vibrating, like there is a cellphone trapped in there but you can't feel the vibrations on the outside.

Hmm, fascinating. Good to know that you ruled out RLS. 

Is the "vibration" more like a pulsing or like a phone buzzing on silent? Either way, it might indicate something seriously wrong medically - sounds like bad circulation in the legs, which can lead to a pulmonary embolism.

The toe cramping might also be related to potassium - drink coconut water and fresh squeezed lemon juice? Potatoes are also super high in potassium. 

Our medical histories, with the exception of the IUD, are very similar. We pretty much had the same health issues - I attribute mine to being a vegan/vegetarian for several years. 

Most of them went away when I started consuming massive amounts of animal foods and making my own kombucha/yogurt/sauerkraut. 

The stuff that remained (such as acne, anxiety and breathing issues) went away with Iodine -- Thyroid filters all the blood in your body every 17 minutes and it uses Iodine to disinfect everything that might have sneaked its way into your bloodstream or immune system. 

40 minutes ago, Skgray said:

Just as an fyi, once you go off wheat, there is no going back.

Part of why people can eat wheat for years without any problems and then one day, seemingly out of nowhere, they get various health issues they never had before is that those "symptoms" are really a sign that the IMMUNE SYSTEM HAS COLLAPSED. - You need Iodine to produce healthy macrophages and granulocytes. 

There is no food on this planet more closely linked with IBS than wheat, particularly gluten, gliadin and Lectins (wheat-germ agglutinin)

Wheat is an inflammatory food except for a few lucky people - when your body is in a perpetual state of inflammation, it can never rest up and "heal." It's like picking at a scab and when a new scab forms, you pick that one, and when the next scab comes you pick that one as well, forming scar tissue. 

Eventually,  the body becomes resistant to its own healing-hormones such as Cortisol, Insulin, and MGF. 

When you return to wheat, you will find that you "React" to it. This is because you will already have antibodies to WGA (Wheat-Lectin) and so reintroducing wheat will cause the same immune response as if you were fighting an infection. 

I have been tested for Celiac disease (and it came out negative) but after eating wheat for years with no problem, cutting wheat out for years, and reintroducing it...I now get horrible diarrhea if I eat more than a slice of pizza. The only "species" of wheat that even many celiacs can eat is Einkorn.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Einkorn_wheat

Paleo is great, but I would include healthy starches like potatoes, sweet-potatoes, cassava/taro, and white rice. I would also recommend looking into the "GAPS Diet" (Gut & Psychology Diet) by Natasha Campbell-McBridge. 

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kmZH1lWH3YE

54 minutes ago, Skgray said:

I have been looking into Paleo as it resonates with me more than a raw/vegan diet does.

• Upvote 1

i experienced almost the same symptoms. (beginning some...9? years ago but i became really aware of them 4 years ago) what i found out it was and is (im not really well yet, but its getting better - at least all that is not related to those traumatic situations and suppressed feelings that i havent faced yet, i dont force myself to do all at once) that it was a mixture of combined factors that - all together - were just too much for my system.

nr one, like stated by others, nutrition. i got really feverish sick for one week last year and my body did kind of an extreme purge. couldnt eat anything, and after that, by trial and error, found out i had had food sensitivities and allergies all along that my sytem couldnt cope with anymore. so instead of believing any food councelling, i went on a total-exclude-diet, started with only leafy greens, carrots, and potatoes (felt good then), and added things in intervals of a few days. for me, it was all dairy and all things with gluten (wheat, and so on) that induced asthma/rashes and  meat is vomited. all else is good for me, eggs, rice, potatoes, veggies, fruit, nuts, seeds..., but ive read that there are other possible sensitivities for other people. after i started eating according to what my body needs, some vitality came back. maybe by listening to your body carefully nutrition-wise you can prevent having such a cleansing-fever ;)

nr two, nutrition too. or mal-nutrition. we live in a world, that sadly has seen "conventional agriculture", so probably 90% of the soil on which veggies are grown, has lost its content of nutrients, some essential minerals other than magnesium. and many people see far too less sunlight, so low vitamin d levels are common. i tried out a mineral supplement (here in europe there is this line called "Burgerstein", their multimineral supplement is quite nice in my opinion) and that works great, and an omega-3-fat supplement, nowadays there are some vegan sources like chia-seeds and algae.  vitamin d i take during winter. and in combination with that comes

nr. three, detoxing. all that stuff that accumulates during the years of medication, (taking out the IUD counts too for that... had it removed too, but i had a copper one, no hormones) not-too-nice nutritional choices, alcohol and drugs,  the vaccines people got as children, even vibrational clutter in the energy body. and trauma. even toxic relationships. all stress that you put yourself in that you have the opportunity to choose to let go of. it is stated by others and i agree, stress is toxic on a totally material and hormonal level. here too you have to feel for yourself what is necessary to get your system back in a more clear state so it can regulate itself better. for me i decided, it was  intensifying shadow-work and it lead to letting go of a massive amount of stuff, people, and beliefs. and on the more physical side, i combine nr two and three, as i found CHLORELLA, i love that algae!!! it helps with he physical detox and it is rich in so many minerals. i feel that after a week or more of not taking it, i feel like drained of energy again, i interpret that as not being fully detoxed yet. (some raw-foodists claim that even on a fully raw diet the detox-period can be over 2 years) there are some people who undergo liver- and gallbladder- flushes, havent tried that though.

nr. four, cant say it enough, reduce stress, soothe the inner child, become aware of how you feel and act lovingly towards yourself, develop healthy boundaries and deal with relationship issues instead of avoiding the conflict, set priorities according to what you feel is in your highest good and let those people who dont respect that leave your space for those that do respect that. (my boyfriend at that time for example just couldnt accept that i wouldnt eat food that my body clearly rejected and that i prioritized my wellbeing and that "oh come on, just a bite wont hurt" is not an option for me after i got a severe asthma-attack in a restaurant... after he kissed me mindlessly with coffee-cream still residual in his mouth... after some other incidents like that i felt i had to end the relationship. it is not always easy, but i believe developing a sense for "what is good for me" is always a good idea). once the emotional stress got less, i was far less anxious, had less panic attacks (now when something stressful happens like financial uncertainty, i get them still but not so often and know myself well enough now to cancel activities to get well-rested in such times and meet my need for safety)

nr. five, being tired is a sign that a being needs rest. lots of, until there is a drive to do things again. :) (and face all the insecurities that come with allowing that...)

nr. six, ascension-, awakening-, suppressed kundalini-, clearing-, healing crisis- symptoms. these were just part of the development for me, but expecting of myself at that time to go through all of these, while at the same time "functioning normal", just is not very self-loving. for me it helped to be aware of the fact that i live my life for me, for source to have a perspective through me, so i dont give a damn about things i dont want to do anymore. if i want to meditate, i meditate, it cant get any worse and i survived until now so a little leap of faith about trusting the universe to find a way to enable me to do what i want i cant deny was and is necessary.

ps: these things that are labelled as "spiritual symptoms" are signs of a HUGE transformation. that is a process that needs AND gives full awareness of the self and that includes the body. it does need a lot of energy and focus. so feeling tired during such times, needing more or less food than usual and wanting to withdraw to focus on the sensations is in my opinion totally ok.

and... i feel in my case it has a great deal to do with acceptance towards the body i am in, learning to love it unconditionally even though it feels stubborn and i feel stubbornly frustrated sometimes, giving myself what i need and right now im in a process of getting used to the idea that i can have other people participate in meeting my needs... (it sounds so easy in Teals videos...)

when all of that comes together, plus maybe some other chronic ailments, un-integrated aspects of self, past trauma (counts as stress in my opinion, the body system still believes a traumatic experience is happening right now, thats how ptsd works, so that is a stressor NOW even if it happened 20 years ago)... then the system just breaks down. you said you have been to a doctor, it can be important to rule out some conditions, and since youve done that, i figure best try to get better at feeling and trusting yourself... and trying out new things... thats what i am doing, and its a process that can take some time.

for me it was helpful too, to learn about other healing systems than the allopathic medical field. since you are in this forum i assume youve heard of some more natural healing methods. right now i am giving homeopathy another try, it really works, very effectively so, but i found out it is veeeeeeeeeery important to find a practitioner that is really good and resonates with you.

i would also love to go to a qhht-session once, that is quantum healing hypnosis technique, a past-life- or sometimes a current-life- regression healing technique developed by a woman named Dolores Cannon.

i wish you to come into alignment with yourself and get well soon! <3

Edited by Lilia
typo and adding a passage
  • Upvote 1

oh and a ps: regarding the detox-thing... i also found out how much toxic stuff there is in make-up, skin products, shampoos and shower-gels... take a look at the ingredients there, what you cant eat doesnt belong on your skin either, as the skin is besides the GIT the biggest surface of receptive tissue...

and depending on where you live, take a look at what water you drink, if it is tapwater, make sure there is no chlorine, fluoride or residues like rust from old pipes in there.

Edited by Lilia
  • Upvote 1

@Lilia Thanks so much for taking the time to write out everything you did! I have heard of pretty much everything you have written as, yes, I am definitely into natural therapies over mainstream medical. Its reassuring though, to hear that this stuff has worked for you considering you have experienced something simliar to me. I am taking it all in :-)

• Upvote 1

9 hours ago, Skgray said:

Thanks so much for taking the time to write out everything you did! I have heard of pretty much everything you have written as, yes, I am definitely into natural therapies over mainstream medical. Its reassuring though, to hear that this stuff has worked for you considering you have experienced something simliar to me. I am taking it all in :-)

youre welcome dear :) yeah i know that feeling, i dont know how many hours i spent reading articles on the internet, just searching for an explanation... and what i really needed was reassurance, that all is well and not to panic about what is happening and that i AM doing the best i can... You are doing the best you can, too! you still live and you can still choose what feels best, so there is a huuuuuge chance that all will be well ;) good luck!!!

• Upvote 1