Scot

Vibration: frequency, aptitude and waveform

5 posts in this topic

Vibration: frequency, aptitude and waveform

In one of Teal's video, I believe it was the one on crystals. Teal said "It has a high frequency with a very slow vibration".   The way the terms are used by science,  Teal's statement does not use the terms properly.

We can't capture or measure the waves or vibrations that Teal feels and sees.  But that shouldn't dissuade us from using the model and the terms.  We can measure sound waves, capture them electronically and display them on an oscilloscope.  We can detect and measure and display the waveforms of light waves too.

Amplitude of sound waves shows up on an oscilloscope as the size of the peaks and valleys. Sounds with greater amplitude, show up as LARGER waves and to us they sound louder  Light with greater amplitude would appear to us as brighter (same color but brighter).

Frequency of sound is how fast the vibrations are.  Faster vibrations have a higher frequency but the amplitude might remain the same.  On an oscilloscope, the peaks of high frequency waves are closer together (shorter wave-length).  In sound, higher frequencies have a higher pitch.  In light, higher frequencies would be a color closer to the violet end of the rainbow.   Lower frequencies would be toward the red end of the spectrum.

Then the last parameter is the shape of the wave.   A wave could be smooth and consistent, or highly irregular, erratic.  From an intuitive point of view, an nervous feeling might be erratic vibration.

Therefore, Teal's statement may have been "It has a high amplitude with a very low frequency"

Hi Scot,

Frequency and vibration can be referring to two different things such that it can make sense to say something has a high frequency with a very slow vibration. Frequency could be referring to the rate at which something occurs. Such as the flow of energy. Vibration could be referring to the quality of the emotional state, or even the pulsation of packets of energy that are coming through at a given frequency.

For example, typically, we desire to have high flow of energy and to be feeling good. I would think this could be described as high frequency and high vibration. But let’s say you just found out that your family died in a car accident. Chances are you are going to feel grief for some significant period of time, and need to process some very sad emotions. This grief could be thought of as very low vibrations that you feel even while you may still be at a very high level of consciousness, high frequency.

I do not know if what I described above reflects the difference Teal intended between the words frequency and vibration. However, as it is my understanding that time and space are constructs from which to experience a physical world. Reference to frequency and vibration in terms of our spiritual energetic flow and even emotions may have little, or nothing, to do with how these terms are used in physics.

I am curious to find out more myself. I hope someone replies that has more knowledge, or Teal creates a video that defines the difference as she uses the words. If anyone knows where that is already, I hope they will reply. Below is a link to a video of Teal’s that refers to raising frequency and increasing vibration, but it does not explicitly describe what the difference is. Nor do I know how amplitude (or aptitude) fits into all this, or if that is only in physics.

I hope this helps. I wish you the best. - Aaron

How to Raise Your Frequency and Increase Your Vibration - Teal Swan
https://youtu.be/LB3ScXPVi0M

Edited by Aaron
Various minor corrections. Changed "and be" to "and to be". Changed "vibrations, even while" to "that you feel even". Changed "at very" to "at a very". Changed "know what" to "know if what"

I don't know much about physics but I think Teal has said (either in that video or an interview) that minerals have very high and very solid vibrations. Does this refer to waveform? Maybe, I don't know.

I don't know, but I would guess that "solid vibrations" refers to the quality of being very grounded, which would make sense as it is... a rock. By being grounded, I'm referring to the quality of steady, not easily influenced, energy. So while it may not be the dominant vibration, it will not be easily dominated by other vibrations. Again, that is just my guess. 

7 hours ago, Kroge said:

I don't know much about physics but I think Teal has said (either in that video or an interview) that minerals have very high and very solid vibrations. Does this refer to waveform? Maybe, I don't know.

I need to re-watch the video about minerals /crystals but i think what you said reminds me of reaching the state of stillness.