MatLock

Why did Jesus say money is the root of evil?

17 posts in this topic

Why did Jesus say money is the root of evil?

I wonder why did Jesus say money is the root of evil? I think from my part he is right. All the problems and wars in the world are directly connected with money. How to create money? Through some machines. We let these machines work for us endlessly, it is endlessly dark, a dark hole. I want to be free, so forget about money.

Imagine you have to earn your living here on this earth? When will you have earned enough money? Never, it will never be enough and you will be caught and you will die slowly and  mercilessly. Good night white pride!!!

To be honest I am at a point where this world is just extremly boring, same stories, same bullshit everyday. It is high time to rise to a higher level

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

Money is root of all evil. It is satanic creation. It was made by people who thought Love is not enough and they wanted alternate power. I agree. It is being said Money wont be existent in near future. Cant say for sure but it would be lovely. Ask and receive. Hope for the best!

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 2

He didn't.  The correct quotation taken from the King James Bible (which as we all know is the only true bible) is

"For the love of money is the root of all evil: which while some coveted after, they have erred from the faith, and pierced themselves through with many sorrows."

Money is no more the cause of evil as any other shiny bits of metal or coloured bits of paper.  It's what is in the silly little human head that counts.

• Upvote 4

Hi MatLock, Here's some videos that might be helpful regarding money, and some related topics. I wish you the best. - Aaron

When Things are Out Of Your Control - Teal Swan -
https://youtu.be/2j4n5wkfhWk

How to Manifest Money (Manifesting Money and Creating Wealth) - Teal Swan
https://youtu.be/K1tiHT3lJX8

Money and Spirituality (Is it Right to Charge Money for Spiritual or Healing Services?) - Teal Swan
https://youtu.be/P-3jXh9l1Rk

How to Receive - Teal Swan -
https://youtu.be/F6yiEuEYo3I

Thanks for your replies. I mention here Sri Aurobindo who said money is not for accumulation, money is to bring about a new advent of a new consciousness. If other people earn a lot of money I do not care at all. Everyone is free and old enough to decide for themselves. But in the end money is materialistic and at the present moment it is still a materialistic world. But at the end of your life it does not matter if you were living on the street or whatever . If you were not happy your life was useless. It is only between you and your soul or between you and God.

On 4/2/2017 at 3:19 PM, J.Haney said:

Money is not evil... greed is. It depends on the upbringing of the person that determines how he will deal with money.

That and also the intentions behind it.

There is a big difference between causing intentional harm with your actions  (money in this case) vs unintentional harm (let's say the person is unaware of a future mistake ).  When it is intentional and the person knows it but still keep doing it - that's when things get ugly.

Thoughts are like worms. They can eat alive person to death.

Jesus said that the love of money is the root of much or great evil. Greed not the money itself is the problem and speaks to a perverted hierarchy of values where money the medium of exchange instead of the items of real worth.

he didn't, money like everything else is just energy, its human perception fed to us by society and man mad concepts/lies which we believe, a kid born in a rich family will always be knowing money is everywhere not having to raise their vibe, for some people they believe they have to raise their vibe to get money, for others they just think money is evil, and yet all is energy including us, so loving money is no less than loving vanilla ice cream, its u loving urself, the universe has no concept of money only energy/vibrations/frequency.

Zhuangzi said that to a perfected human, life and death, mean nothing, still less profit and loss, or something like that. I believe this is nearly equivalent to that Jesus quote.

Obviously, evil predates money. But just as "root" isn't literal here, maybe neither is "money." Money is a metaphor, just like in "How can I ever repay your kindness?" or, "He is morally bankrupt." Light comes from darkness and vice versa, and evil comes from our desire to earn goodness points, i.e. "redeem" ourselves. Note that "redeem" is another metaphor, and a significant one in the story of Jesus.

• Upvote 2